U19 Champions Cup Question

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to qualify with your team's U19. The teams that compete the first season, will do so every season.

This is because in real life, it's the first season and it has been kind of like an invitational tournament. Some of the biggest (academy) clubs in Europe were invited, I think some of the more prestigious ones also prefered not to participate.

There has for example been a minor discussion here in the Netherlands about Ajax's participation. Some argued that it wasn't worth the risk, because it was easier for other clubs to scout and poach potential stars from Ajax's academy. A valid point if you ask me...

This competition was created by the director of football for Brentford FC, and is funded by the owner of Brentford FC.

The director came up with the idea a few years ago, whilst with Watford about pitting the top clubs young stars against each, as u17's against each other in non competitve competitions don't really improve. The idea was that this competition improves the teams involved youngsters whilst playing against other top players from Europe, and gets them used to the big game experience, but still playing against players their own age.

There was/is a thread about this on the Brentfords fans forum. I believe that the 16 teams involved this year will be joined by a further 8 next year. All of it was invitational, and you can not gain entry by success.

I haven't quite reached next season yet in the game, and not quite sure if the 8 teams get included next season, but this is the basics about the competition, and how it has come about.

I just started my second season and no team from the first season of the U19 Champions Cup is in the 2nd edition of the tournament but my youth team won their youth domestic league, and last season's winners(Manchester City reserves) are not in this yrs tourney.

Maybe its random???

I just started my second season and no team from the first season of the U19 Champions Cup is in the 2nd edition of the tournament but my youth team won their youth domestic league, and last season's winners(Manchester City reserves) are not in this yrs tourney.

Maybe its random???

Then I think SI have got this wrong.

Have checked my game (couldn't resist...).

Seems I was not completely right. In the game the number of teams haven't changed in the first 3 seasons of my save. Always 4 groups of 4 teams.

My youth team has participated in all 3 seasons; haven't had a messaged that they qualified or had a choice in the beginning of a season whether we should participate (like you do get for the youth and reserve league). I am managing Ajax.

My opponents have changed though. I have seen different English and Eastern European sides.

I don't know whether the English teams are random or based on their respected youth league (the winners?). I had seasons with 4 English teams, but the current one - '13/'14 - includes only Man Utd (and no other English ones).

???

Edit: I do run the English league (PL till League 2) besides the Dutch league, btw.

Sounds like a great concept and does makes sense with the youth players as they dont get regular first team oppurtunities and domestic youth leagues aren't that competitive, but still odd how my youth team didnt get invited for a second season. Well i'm just going to finish my second season and see if they get invited in my third season.

• 4 weeks later...

My U19 team did get these games scheduled until the 2016-2017 season. We participated again in 2017-2018 but not all the teams were the same. I am pretty sure the game does some sort of evaluation of the strength of your youth progam in making the decision as to who to select. In 2016 I had 5 good players 20 or under on my first team so possibly the game looked at the quality of the team's young players.

Have checked my game (couldn't resist...).

Seems I was not completely right. In the game the number of teams haven't changed in the first 3 seasons of my save. Always 4 groups of 4 teams.

My youth team has participated in all 3 seasons; haven't had a messaged that they qualified or had a choice in the beginning of a season whether we should participate (like you do get for the youth and reserve league). I am managing Ajax.

My opponents have changed though. I have seen different English and Eastern European sides.

I don't know whether the English teams are random or based on their respected youth league (the winners?). I had seasons with 4 English teams, but the current one - '13/'14 - includes only Man Utd (and no other English ones).

???

Edit: I do run the English league (PL till League 2) besides the Dutch league, btw.

There are plans to change this, see Format here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NextGen_series

Archived