Anyone else encountered a "Payment Refused" error on the Sega store?

Hello.

I've tried to buy the game twice now on the Sega store and get the following message:

"Payment Refused

You might not have entered your payment details correctly, or you might have been blocked by our security system.

If you are sure you have typed the right information, please consult our FAQ or contact our customer support."

Has anyone else encounter this problem and if so how did one get round it? I know it says I should contact customer support but I'm guessing they won't be working at the moment! Please help as I was relying on FM 2012 for my Saturday night entertainment :(

It could be something simple, as it was in my case.

I entered all the card details as requested and also got the refusal. When I went back to the form I realised that I had not been asked to state which card I was using and the default is Maestro. Just clicking on the Visa icon above the form and re-entering the data resulted in the payment going through.

Beware though...

I wasn't going to buy the game (I didn't want Steam) this year but the BUY NOW button on the Football Manager website seduced me at 11.30 in the evening. It was therefore very disappointing when I had to wait almost ten hours before I was emailed the code to download the game. Several hours later, when the code had downloaded, I realised it would have been much quicker and I would have saved £5 if I had popped out to my local supermarket to buy it.

I have heard of others having this problem too - it's like the form designers didn't actually test it first.

It's a trivial thing but I know there have been lost sales because of it.

I will be very interested to hear if first week sales figures are higher than last year's and thus justify the compulsory Steam.

Archived