I am going from Fm 12 demo back to FM 11.0.3

I have been playing FM and CM since those good old days of 94/95 all the way till now. last year I bought and played FM 11 with the 1st patch in November for about 3 months or so and then stopped because of a lack of time and I also became bored with it.

2 weeks ago I downloaded and played the demo and found it good and the interactions, team talks, tactics screen etc has improved. This was probably the 1st FM game which was playable with out a patch and I was looking forward to playing the full game. In the meanwhile while waiting, I reinstalled my FM 11 patched it up to 11.0.3 and started a new game with it. I found that Fm 11 with the patch 11.0.3 reignited (at least for now!)the same FM passion and that FM11.0,3 was very playable. I find that the Fm 12 demo is a better polished product (much less clicking in FM 12)than FM 11 but crucially during a game I found that there was not much difference between FM11 and Fm12. I don't think many can spot the difference between FM 11.0.3 and FM 12 demo especially during a game is taking place. In fact it seemed to be more realistic with my central defenders not scoring a load of goals and there were not huge scores as I found in the demo.

In recent years I have only been playing the new FM games for about 3 or 4 months or so hence I guess for now I am just going to play FM11.0.3 and not get FM 12 because there is just that much difference.

The developers face a tough job improving already such a good football management series and I just hope that Fm13 will make a great leap forward.

I wonder how many feel the same as I do.

I'm in the same boat, after playing the demo I felt that despite a few additions that did interest me there was not enough of an advance from FM11 to encourage me to move on from my current save, for me this game lives & dies by the ME & considering that hasn't changed I am yet to be convinced that I should part with £25.

Like the OP I am hoping for much more from FM13

Archived