2 Questions for the lucky souls playing FM2012 right now

Just had a couple of questions for those of you playing FM12 - hopefully you can shed some light for me on this. My major gripes with last year's FM was:

1. Manager A.I. - I would end up with all the best youth players and the A.I. teams with aging squads - has this improved?

2. Feeling engrossed in the gaming world you're currently - I have felt this for a long time - I don't feel like I am engrossed in the gaming world at all. Big things will happen and I'll never find out about it - not enough commotion around the summer and january transfer periods - not enough media coverage around big tournaments - no one game feels more important than another etc... Wondering if this had improved at all too?

Cheers!

Just had a couple of questions for those of you playing FM12 - hopefully you can shed some light for me on this. My major gripes with last year's FM was:

1. Manager A.I. - I would end up with all the best youth players and the A.I. teams with aging squads - has this improved?

Massively improved from what I've seen so far, 4 seasons in and my biggest rivals have spent >£48 million strengthening their squad.

Massively improved from what I've seen so far, 4 seasons in and my biggest rivals have spent >£48 million strengthening their squad.

Well, that's a huge plus for me so glad it's in there. It will be interesting to see how they are spending money - i.e. do some managers buy young whilst others go with big names etc...

For number 2 it depends what you subscribe to. I found the subscriptions much more intuitive to get in to this year. I don't know if it's actually changed all that much, but I was getting messages about every game in English League 2 until I changed it (that was a bit too much when all I wanted was the results screen). If you go in tot he subscriptions screen you can change so much on a number of different tabs. For the first time in a few years I think I can actually set the game to tell me about the World Cup and other big matches.

It depends how much you want to know really, but my only gripe would be that sometimes you get too much information in the form of messages in your inbox. As I said above I got messages for every game when I just wanted results. If I could get my favourite leagues to deliver me the results on one screen then I'd be happy.

I would say it's not the news that make the game more alive, to get that feeling of the atmosphere. It's your day to day goals, missions, mini-games. And, well, it's too few of them in fm. I guess that's why so many people enjoy playing lower league club.

Archived