Good regens from Conference teams?

I've done a few LLM saves and in fm11 I had a player come through who was a leading star in league 2 and could be a leading star in the championship, managed to keep him at the club for 5 years and sold him on he only ever made it to league 1 though. But other than that I've never really noticed it.

I got one from Bradford (League two, so not sure if it counts) on my FM10 save and he had insane physical stats with 20 acceleration and pace which made him a dream poacher so his record for me and England was phenomenal, apart from him though, never seen one.

• 2 months later...

Crewe are currently in the BSP, and have been stuck down there for a few seasons now, but this guy has propelled them to the top of the table this year:

screenshot20120102at042.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My backroom staff recommended I scouted him in August, and I had him scouted in some BSP games and they were all MOTM reports, so put a bid in of about £300k + loan until the end of the season which the board accepted. I'm struggling to find any good right-backs and this guy looks like he could eventually make quite an impact in the Premier League, I'm excited to get him now. He's easily the best player I've ever seen produced by a non-league club on FM.

Also my current captain was bought for £750k from MK Dons the season I got promoted from League One, as they were relegated from the same league down to the BSP (!). Here he is, been capped for Scotland, won the Premier League Young Player Of the Month the last 4 consecutive months and has potential to be a leading PL CB in the future. If I had bought him a few weeks later he would have 'Blue Square Premier' in his history:

screenshot20120102at043.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've seen it plenty over the years. For the most part though, the exceptional non-league youth graduates will have good success in the Football League, but fall short of being Premier League quality players. It is always good fun when a non-league side gets a beast come through and plays a season for them. I recall there was a guy on one of my games who came through at Wrexham, and scored 30 goals in the BSP when he was only 16, and he went on to be a Premier League quality player and one of Wales best players too.

In FM12 I had a regen come through called Gianluca Ryan, Bought him for 5K from Chester when we were both in the BSN, He is currently playing for Bolton in the EPL at age 23. When he was 16 he was dubbed the new Paul Gascoigne.

Yes, actually. It was most likely the very first time I used a different thing than my scouts in-game. :p I usually use it once, right before I 'finish' my save and go to the next FM. Often several days before the release of the next FM.

I found an English player somewhere down along the line with a PA of 199 and a CA of not even in the 100. :p He was already 27 or 28, so it was unlikely he would ever reach anywhere near his full PA. Still, it was interesting to see how such a possible world wonder was never 'found.'

There were also plenty of other high PA'ers in the lower regions, but none that came as close as him.

Archived