Unrealistic transfer system (neglecting reputation for temporary league position!)

I am doing poorly as Liverpool (12th) in league yet only players of a value up to 2.5 million would be willing to join me, 6.5 when 7th e.t.c fair enough we are not in a very good position in the league but transfers and players wanting to join a club comes down more to reputation, so why is this not the case at all when i'm trying to sign players?

It's clear that transer targets get better as league position increases throughout the season (just tested it) So what is the point in having club reputation if it isn't going to count for attracting players? This system seems very backwards and not realistic.... for example If Everton were 3rd in the league after 10 games, Eden Hazard isn't going to suddenly say; 'oh yes , let's join them'!

The problem is the game tries to re-enact possible outcomes that could happen in real-life, players not willing to come to you when your 12th would mean that they want European football next season and don't think you will make. It could be that they don't think you the right man to further their career.

Whilst trying to simulate realism now and again it happens in the game at unrealistic moments. Most gamers don't want predictability in FM i.e. they don't want if x, y or z happen it will result in a, b or c, they want if x, y or z happens it could result in a, b or c.

Archived