Unable to change squad status

I have a couple of important players who have squad status "not needed by club" when i arrived at my new club.

I'm trying to set the status to important player, but when i click "confirm", the status is still not needed. What am I doing wrong or is it the game?

I see. The explanation must be that Boussu is classified as a club with semi-professional status. With no further regulations provided under "Contract Types" in the editor, this means that the game will not recognize the F/T players you may in fact have. You cannot change their squad status and you cannot offer them new F/T contract offers. You will only able to offer them P/T contracts. The same problem pertains to similar clubs in your division, like Red Star Waasland, Tienen and so on. On the other hand: If you take a look at Charleroi, a professional club with a few P/T players in their squad, it's the other way round.

"But this is surely wrong and not in accordance with the empirical facts; Boussu is as a matter of fact a club with a mix of F/T and P/T players and should remain so", you might object.

That's true, and we can only regret that this year's game is not able to reflect these obvious realities. Some might even make the claim that it makes all lower league management (and even play in 1. Bundesliga, as we have seen in another thread!) untenable.

This is something for the bugs forum, as it should be possible to have F/T players in a semi-pro club.

You can change it in the editor, it's possible to change the initial contract types for clubs, but also for divisions.

I have this problem too. Alta (Norvegian 2nd division).

Only way to change status i`ve found - give another contract to that players with normal status

You can fix it by editing the "Contract Types" for Alta in the editor. Set for example F/T for key and first team players, and P/T for rotation and backup. As the game works now, these contract types should have been specified for every affected club in the world. There are of course potentially several thousand such clubs, and they haven't even managed to get the English leagues right...

Well, i don't know if my players should be able to get a f/t contract, but I don't undersrand the squad status. Then all my players should be "not needed at club" and that's not the case.

You should post it in the bugs forum.

Well, i don't know if my players should be able to get a f/t contract, but I don't undersrand the squad status. Then all my players should be "not needed at club" and that's not the case.

Which contract type each player in the squad currently has, is an empirical fact that we must trust that the researcher has got right when updating the db. I don't have any particular knowledge about Boussu, but I feel confident that a club of Boussu's standard is able to support F/T contracts for a few of their players. Alta, a similar case which is mentioned above, do as a matter of fact have players which are F/T and players which are P/T.

If we share this confidence in the research which has been done, we must point out to the creators that the game isn't handling the situation in any adequate manner.

There may of course be examples of semi-professional clubs which have a mix of F/T and P/T where the board has decided it's time to revert all F/T contracts to P/T. However, what we see in this game is not due to implementation of any such decision from the board room, but some new device for contract types being very poorly implemented.

Archived