Someone explain this

So, I left Inter and joined Bayern mid way through the season. Bayern were doing awful, bottom half of the season. I took over and brought them within 10 points of the leaders in 6th position in March.

Had a game away against PSG and lost it 0-2. Switched up my tactics a bit for the 2nd leg at home and won 4-0.

Next game is also at home against a team currently at bottom of the table. I kept my tactics. Here is the result.

fcbayernvstpaulisplitvi.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fcbayernvstpauliysisysi.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I see...

16 shots from outside the box - maybe some of these were direct free kicks, check your set piece settings.

a handful of headers from corners - not a lot you can really do here.

three misses from very wide angles - no-one in support for a pass perhaps?

a few saves from angles where the keeper has a good chance to at least narrow the angle (successfully it would appear) - looking closer, it appears these were mostly aimed at the near post each time, so finishing and decisions maybe.

only three shots from inside the box, directly in front of goal (the one that hit the woodwork and the two to the top left of that).

Given that, and not seeing what any of the chances are actually like, I'd suggest your strikers were overconfident and reckoned they could score from anywhere. Lower mentality next time might see them take it a bit nearer before trying to score. There's also determination and pressure. Determination to prevail even when it's "just one of those days", and pressure as in "we should be beating these chumps, why aren't we?"

That's a few of the most obvious things that occur to me from a quick glance, I'm sure there's a bundle more ideas people out there have.

I see...

16 shots from outside the box - maybe some of these were direct free kicks, check your set piece settings.

There was a few, quite a few fouls that game.

a handful of headers from corners - not a lot you can really do here.

Indeed

three misses from very wide angles - no-one in support for a pass perhaps?

Thats Robben bursting down the side, he gets there far quicker than gomez

a few saves from angles where the keeper has a good chance to at least narrow the angle (successfully it would appear) - looking closer, it appears these were mostly aimed at the near post each time, so finishing and decisions maybe.

Opposition Keeper is poor at best

only three shots from inside the box, directly in front of goal (the one that hit the woodwork and the two to the top left of that).

And thats with "work the ball into box shout on

Given that, and not seeing what any of the chances are actually like, I'd suggest your strikers were overconfident and reckoned they could score from anywhere. Lower mentality next time might see them take it a bit nearer before trying to score. There's also determination and pressure. Determination to prevail even when it's "just one of those days", and pressure as in "we should be beating these chumps, why aren't we?"

That's a few of the most obvious things that occur to me from a quick glance, I'm sure there's a bundle more ideas people out there have.

Makes sense, ill see what I can do with Gomez for rest of season and if it continues ship him off as planned and bring in a striker who suits me better.

Thanks.

Archived