Trading Game 2012?

i had this problem in fm11 already

i usually start with Polonia Bytom in Poland, they started this year in second division cauz of a poor last year performance, so i managed to advance to first division, and after 2 or 3 years of first division football, you pretty much unlock (i dont know why but appearantly you do) african players, althought none of my scouts scouted africa ever cauz it was under lock from the board, after asking them nicely 2-3 times they unlocked africa for good, but till than you pretty much could buy african player for some reason for me only from nigeria blind in the dark

so i unlocked the african players and can actually get scouting reports on them, and what pisses me off about this that almost every nigerian player has like a 5 star potential, every single one of them, and they all cost like 30k-80k, and usually take a contract for like 100€ a week since they are only 17-19 years old

after playing for 1-2 years you can sell them pretty much for millions, and do this all over again

if i try to buy any POLISH player who has like 5 stars they usually cost about 500k, which i obiously dont have, so its smarter to buy like 10 nigerians, and just sell all of them in 2 3 years tops...

thats pretty much all i did in fm11 after like 5 years i was the richest club in poland and the league championship was under lock like every year not even close

i really hoped they fixed this, first it seemed fix for me cauz i couldnt scout africa and stuff, but now that its avaiable again, its so depressing

the only solution i can come up with is to lock myself out of every african player i see, and only force myself to play "realisticly"... still pretty stupid...

anybody else had this "problem"??

sorry if there are any threads about this, if so could you link it to me :)? iam not very active on forums

thanks in advance

so i unlocked the african players and can actually get scouting reports on them, and what pisses me off about this that almost every nigerian player has like a 5 star potential, every single one of them, and they all cost like 30k-80k, and usually take a contract for like 100€ a week since they are only 17-19 years old

Not sure why this annoys you. There have been some top players come out of Africa in recent years. They often see the smaller European leagues as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. 80k may well be very good money for a team to get in Africa. I believe the minimum wage in Nigeria is around $50 a month (someone wil no doubt correct me if I'm wrong). So you can see that 100 euros a week is a huge increase for a teenager. As for the star system, it is relative to your club. So while the player is 5 stars for you, he may only be half a star for a top team like Barcelona.

after playing for 1-2 years you can sell them pretty much for millions, and do this all over again

Isn't this what happens in all parts of football for the so called smaller teams? It's mainly how they survive.

if i try to buy any POLISH player who has like 5 stars they usually cost about 500k, which i obiously dont have, so its smarter to buy like 10 nigerians, and just sell all of them in 2 3 years tops...

Again it's relative to your league. In you were playing in England the same Polish player may cost 3/4million.

the only solution i can come up with is to lock myself out of every african player i see, and only force myself to play "realisticly"... still pretty stupid...

I think it is fairly realistic to be honest. But if you don't, then as you said you could just not scout or buy and African players.

Also, I'm not really sure what your thread title has anything to do with the post.

so you're saying african players shouldn't be scouted and bought by european clubs? you convinced your board it's a good idea... and who's to say it's not, since it obviously worked/works for you.... that's why european clubs with little restrictions on foreign players buy/sign so many african/south american players.

1. I am surprised to be the first to give a real response to the author of this thread. Any experienced FM'er should feel his pain.

2. His thread title makes a lot of sense if you live in a country where more player trading happens then outright purchasing.

3. Developing and selling players is the best way to make any club financially successful. If this feature of the game becomes so boring and predictable that is makes the anticipation of scouting a player/nation null, then he has every right to ask about it.

4. He is not complaining that talented players come from Africa. He is complaining that it takes no real skill or strategy to find these players. And that there are so many, it makes scouting moot. In this, his post seems pretty clear. As I enjoy scouting as much as any feature of the game, that would really **** me off.

So haunted, I have read in another thread that the potential star rating when scouting is VERY relative to your club's world reputation. Ergo, if you scouted these same players from Nigeria as Bayern Munich, for example, you would see more variance in there potential ability. The players' PA would not likely change while at your club due to this same reason.

I have also found this to be true when I have taken a team from the bottom to the top of a big league. For example, I once took Getafe to the top of La Liga. As my club rep rose, my best players' star rating started to drop! For about a week a tried changing anything and everything in my training set up to stop the slide. Then I found that thread, and I have found it to be true ever since, even more so when I get a team promoted.

i understand, if your club is getting stronger that the players you scout are less likely to got the talent to keep up, in my case almost everyone is able to potentially perform better than my actualy squad does cauz lets face it i got some real bad players

but the thing that frustrates me, is that say the "richest" club in poland is like Legia, they are worth like 45 millions... now once i enable africa, i buy 10 players and sell them for 1-2 million each, iam suddenly in no time the richest club in poland

thats just beyond ridicoulus

but the thing that frustrates me, is that say the "richest" club in poland is like Legia, they are worth like 45 millions... now once i enable africa, i buy 10 players and sell them for 1-2 million each, iam suddenly in no time the richest club in poland

thats just beyond ridicoulus

And how would you fix this 'problem'?

dont let 90% of all african players turn from a 40k buy to a 2 million sale?

i understand if you find one or two talents... like scouts do if you send them to one and the same country all over again, after couple runs you will get even some real good players on free transfer and stuff... thats really cool and kinda lucky

but almost every african players turns into a 2 million sale, every time... i understand if you get like a african youth academy or something and find couple of good guys once or twice a year thats perfectly fine

look at this

http://imageshack.us/f/9/africaug.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/684/africa2u.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/11/africa3s.jpg/

so thats perfectly fine, no problem?

Of course it's fine. You are playing ina weaker league, so it's hardly unusual that there are dozens of african players with the potential to absolutely dominate your league. By going down the route of bringing them in, getting them EU nationality and developing them you are sacrificing having a stable, steady team in order to become a production line for top European clubs. It's a perfectly viable route to take. Have a look at Beveren in Belgium and some of their alumni.

it's kind of unusual that so many nigerians are ranked so highly and that they're all selling for so much, which is why i'm curious if he loaded all african players or something... because my game doesn't even load that many nigerians, let alone rate them highly enough for me to be able to start selling them off for millions.

no, iam not loading "only african players", these guys appear all on my normal players list, this screenshot i posted is my shortlist, for all players i scouted...

in which league are you playing?

i get this everytime i play in poland, was in fm11 exactly the same

since every player who is non african is absolutely horrible, all the africans are at top.

but they all seem to be from the same country. nobody from ivory coast, senegal, egypt, south africa etc... that's why it's so strange to me. unless you've only scouted 1 country in africa? i don't know. and are you the only club signing africans? since they seem to be producing so much talent, that seems weird since the squad building in this version seems to be much better than in previous versions.

nope, in fact i could see the players from Nigeria even before my board allowed me to scout africa, but only after 2 or 3 years in first division, but i couldnt scout them, i just could make a offer

i dont know why its only nigeria though... didnt do anything about it just came up random and i never send a scout anywhere to africa even when it was unlocked by the board, they all just pile up in the players list...

:(

yeah, something about the whole situation just seems off. it could even possibly be a bug, i don't know. i mean, africa does produce a lot of talent for europe, especially the countries that do not have many restrictions on non-eu players... but for you to have so many players pop up that are all from the same african country is just ... weird. there are a lot of african countries that produce talent, not just nigeria. and it would seem nigeria is producing more talent than they should be in your game.

maybe go to the bugs forum and find out if it is a bug? i don't know.

Something seems a little weird with all those players being Nigerian. I'd expect a much wider spread of players from the top African nations - Ghana, Ivory Cost, Egypt etc. So that may be a bit of a bug.

But I don't see the problem with buying them cheap and selling them for lots later. It's simple economics. Clubs in smaller nations aren't in a position to demand large amounts of money for players so where somebody plays has an impact on their value. You're also buying these players fairly young and letting them develop at your club so they will improve over time which helps account for the increase in value. It's not unrealistic - it's economics. Consider the recent changes in Brazil. A few years ago you'd have been able to buy the likes of Neymar and Ganso for around £20m. The Brazilian economy was weaker which meant they weren't in a position to negotiate higher prices than that. Now there's talk of those same players costing £30m or more because the Brazilian ecoonomy is stronger and they can give these players attractive wages for much longer thant hey could before.

Does your club have a feeder club in Nigeria, or a member of backroom staff in Nigera? either of these things would allow you to see more nigerian players.

nope i checked all that already, didnt scout africa, hat no staff that was even close related to africa or anything...

pissed me off so much, i started a new game now... second division iam back again...

if this occurs again iam gonna post another thread, maybe in the bug forums

thanks for all the replys though and sorry for my english :D

The reason they are all from one country is probably because he has a higher knowledge of that country. If he only knows of 2-3 players from each country other than Nigeria, but has a working knowledge of their entire system, he is going to find a lot more Nigerians than he does Ivory Coast-ans (what are they called?) or Kenyans.

You can do it with most players not just africa. Asia you can get cheap players, all it takes is for them to play well over a few seasons and you can sell them for profit. Infact, any young player you buy can be sold for profit if you give them first team time.

The reason they are all from one country is probably because he has a higher knowledge of that country. If he only knows of 2-3 players from each country other than Nigeria, but has a working knowledge of their entire system, he is going to find a lot more Nigerians than he does Ivory Coast-ans (what are they called?) or Kenyans.

he's already said he has no knowledge of africa, or scouted there. no staff from there. etc...

hardly anyone from anyone country but nigeria on that list, including europe... just very strange.

Archived