How do I unregister fm2012

After my previous posts and discussions with my friend.

Can someone at SI please tell me how we can unregister the DVD key for the game with steam so that I can pass the game on else where and then they can register the game themselves with steam

After my previous posts and discussions with my friend.

Can someone at SI please tell me how we can unregister the DVD key for the game with steam so that I can pass the game on else where and then they can register the game themselves with steam

You'll need to contact Valve directly for that, not SI.

Why dont you just let your mate log into your steam account and download/install the game? Then set steam to offline and you can both play.

Thats not the problem.

We both have FM2012 discs.

My friend though doesn't have internet connection so it is a 60 mile round trip to my house with his computer to install/update.

I have a very slow internet connection so in the past I used to download updates etc over night then install them put them on a usb drive and send them to my friend.

Now though all updates appear to be through steam so I dont want to be waiting hours everytime there is an update and obviously my friend doesn't want to be doing a 60 mile round trip just to install updates and then if there are any problems that occur having to come back with his computer to repair them.

I said in a previous post if SI insist on forcing users to insatll using steam then I can unhappily accept that.

Why though can they not carry on just putting links to download the updates as they usaed to do for previous versions.

So this way of using FM2012 is a big inconvenience to me and a major problem for my friend so we both wish to get rid of our copies of FM2012 and revert back to FM2011.

Why though can they not carry on just putting links to download the updates as they usaed to do for previous versions.

I think that's just not the way Steam works. Haven't seen anyone offer patches for games installed on steam. Even games that are not Steam only and have patches for the non-steam versions always emphasize not to install the patches over your steam install.

What you could try to do though, is copy your own steam install folder of FM (so just the 'football manager 2012' folder) and put it on an external harddrive or usb stick and give that to your friend to copy/paste over his own. I think steam will handle that just fine, and this way your friend doesn't have to bring over his entire pc. Make sure to backup before you try this though!

Thats not the problem.

We both have FM2012 discs.

My friend though doesn't have internet connection so it is a 60 mile round trip to my house with his computer to install/update.

I have a very slow internet connection so in the past I used to download updates etc over night then install them put them on a usb drive and send them to my friend.

Now though all updates appear to be through steam so I dont want to be waiting hours everytime there is an update and obviously my friend doesn't want to be doing a 60 mile round trip just to install updates and then if there are any problems that occur having to come back with his computer to repair them.

I said in a previous post if SI insist on forcing users to insatll using steam then I can unhappily accept that.

So this way of using FM2012 is a big inconvenience to me and a major problem for my friend so we both wish to get rid of our copies of FM2012 and revert back to FM2011.

There's no way to do that. Steam doesn't allow reselling of your games. They might do an exception in case you just bought a game and argue it was an error (say, you activated it in your brother's account by error). but not in this case.

What you could try to do though, is copy your own steam install folder of FM (so just the 'football manager 2012' folder) and put it on an external harddrive or usb stick and give that to your friend to copy/paste over his own. I think steam will handle that just fine, and this way your friend doesn't have to bring over his entire pc.

This works fine for me. I have four different PCs on which I play FM12 (not all at the same time, obviously!) and a slow connection so this is the workaround I use. Granted, all four of my PCs use the same CD key whereas you and your friend don't so that's a difference, but I expect that's linked to the Steam account details rather than the actual install folder.

There's no way to do that. Steam doesn't allow reselling of your games. They might do an exception in case you just bought a game and argue it was an error (say, you activated it in your brother's account by error). but not in this case.

So I can buy a car a hoiuse a pc and ironing board etc and sell it on to who ever I want when ever I want.

Yet I buy a game from elsewhere and because thios year I am FORCED to register it through steam, I am not allowed to sell it on because of the problems/inconvenience of being FORCED to use steam.

Then steam wont let me sell the game on to someone else.

Thanks SI for letting us both waste £30.

Dont you think you should have stipulated on the packaging that this would be the case, rather than just saying the game has to be registered online

So I can buy a car a hoiuse a pc and ironing board etc and sell it on to who ever I want when ever I want.

Yet I buy a game from elsewhere and because thios year I am FORCED to register it through steam, I am not allowed to sell it on because of the problems/inconvenience of being FORCED to use steam.

Then steam wont let me sell the game on to someone else.

Thanks SI for letting us both waste £30.

Dont you think you should have stipulated on the packaging that this would be the case, rather than just saying the game has to be registered online

It says so, actually...

It says so, actually...

It doesn't say it on the package but it does say I have to register with steam and accept the SSA.

Which I suppose is my fault that in my eagerness to play FM2012 I registered with steam and never read all of the waffle but then how many people actually do?

It doesn't say it on the package but it does say I have to register with steam and accept the SSA.

Which I suppose is my fault that in my eagerness to play FM2012 I registered with steam and never read all of the waffle but then how many people actually do?

Just needs a quick google search, tbf. I'm not saying you should understand the whole legalese package, but it would be a good idea to at least google for a FAQ on steam before getting it.

You don't own the game either. You own a licence to use, aka, a product key.

The product key is steams as it says in their SSA if any one owns the game it should be sega/si the only reason we use steams product key is we are left with no other option.

Sales are supposedly good this year which is good as it will help development of the game.

Next year though we will see as I am sure quite a few wont purchase in this way again.

Archived