How to share my account / cd-key

Hi SIgames staff and all FM fans, I just bought my FM12 cd-key a few hours ago and I wanna know if it is possible to use it in more than one STEAM account or if it is possible to use it in different PCs with different IP connection with the same STEAM account.

Thank you.

You can't share it with more than one account but you can use different computers with the same account. But you are probably not allowed to be logged on more than one at a time.
You can't use it on more than one Steam account. You can use it on different PCs with the same Steam account, but you can only be logged onto your account on one PC at a time.

Thank you both for your quick answers, so that means that I can use it in different computers in the same STEAM account since I play with my account logged-off? Is there a limit of how much different IP connections can I install the game and use it with STEAM offline?

Thank you both for your quick answers, so that means that I can use it in different computers in the same STEAM account since I play with my account logged-off? Is there a limit of how much different IP connections can I install the game and use it with STEAM offline?

I posted something along that line and it got deleted. So I guess they don't want you to know anything about that :p

Yep, with offline mode you'll be fine. You'll be able to play it on different computers. I'm not sure of the exact limit of how many times you can do this, but I'm guessing that anything too egregious and Steam will smell a rat and ban you. This is only supposed to be for the same user after all.

Technically, you could be banned off steam for that, so I wouldn't suggest it...

I understand each copy of FM is tied to an account, so no you can't share it. That would be against the EULA.

If another person wants to play FM then they have to buy their own copy. I also suspect that if you are running FM on one computer then you won't be able to run another instance of FM on another computer, regardless of whether you are running in offline mode or not.

It's not worth trying to get around things like this. They're designed for the sake of the company that makes the game. It's hardly fair on those people who work hard on a game for it to be shared out and bought by half, or less, of those people.

what the ? you only need to install it once with Steam and get rid of the cd. you can log into your steam account on any computer in the world and play FM12 however you can only be logged into steam and play fm once and can not be logged in twice on seperate computers

what the ? you only need to install it once with Steam and get rid of the cd. you can log into your steam account on any computer in the world and play FM12 however you can only be logged into steam and play fm once and can not be logged in twice on seperate computers

Yeah that's what we've been saying. There IS a limit though. Steam aren't just going to let you share this account with the world. A friend who recently moved to Japan had his Steam account locked until he proved that it was in fact him using his account in Japan. There are obviously safeguards in place to make sure you don't abuse the ability to use offline mode.

Archived