Jay Emmanuel Thomas has scored 26 goals in 44 games for me and his value has dropped

The game valuing system isn't really all that... good tbh. It seems to be really random at some times. But as to answer your question, it probably has to do with his CA just not being high enough to justify a high value. You'll rarely see a player keep a steady value after you buy him for a price that was above his previous value.

I suppose Thomas there isn't doing that for Arsenal in the first season, so I assume you have signed or loaned him? As Ogris said, since a transfer fee is normally higher than Value (and that Value was while he were at Arsenal, a club with a much higher reputation than whichever club you are controlling that would make him such a star striker), his value will drop from the transfer fee he has initially.

What club are you?

Jay Emmanuel Thomas plays for Ipswich now Biggus. They signed him permanently in the summer.

Ah, so his value is decreasing from the transfer fee?

Besides, to the OP - performances in the form of Av.R and Goals have little value in FM, at least to the AI. I am not convinced good performances affects his Reputation at all, and it is Reputation that determines Value (along with club/league reputation, contract length and wages).

This may have changed a bit in FM12, though.

Archived