So I think this will be a journeyman career thread?? by FPTP

From Perth to Paisley

Morning folks,

Have been a long time lurker in this forum....and I thought this year I would try and join in! I'm hoping for a long term journeyman career but I'm just going to take the game as it comes, if I get sucked into a team I may stay a bit longer.

Started as an unemployed former Scottish Sunday League Footballer (with a love of Irn Bru - especially the fiery stuff and a favourite club - my beloved Jam Tarts.)

Got a lot of european leagues running....but will use the add/remove league feature if I need a change or fancy leaving the continent!

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m533/FPTP/Game__TheJourney_CustomiseGame_Add_RemoveLeagues-2.png

So my first season in Norway ended with me avoiding the sack!

After a terrible start to the season I managed to avoid relegation. Very happy with that considering the run we had at the start of the season. I'm not sure the squad is up to much and next season will continue to be tough, with 6 of my starting 11 out of contract and resigning them seems like it may be a struggle.

NorwegianSecondDivisionGroup4Overview_Stages-2.png

7 straight defeats really had me worring about getting the sack! The turning point was probably the 7-3 defeat. Following that I went out and signed a new GK as well as entire back 4!! Lost the next game 4-0 and then managed to go on a good run. In fact we only lost 3 of the last 15 games. With 2 games to go we pulled ourselves out of the relegation zone and due to other results the final game didn't matter. My top goal scorer is a 34 year old who is unlikely to be with us next season and I'll have to be on the look out for bargains everywhere!

SkarpIFFixtures_Fixtures.png

Can I challenge next season, who knows? The players seem to have adapted to the 442 diamond I have asked them to play but with so many players out of contract and really limited finances I'm not sure I can improve much on this seasons league placing. There has been no youth intake to speak off - so I can't use that route either. I was offered a 1 year extension which I snapped up but I'm not sure my stay in Norway will last any longer than that. It may be time to take myself of to somewhere warmer!

So another season finished in Norway.

Finished with 4 more points than last season and 1 place higher. This season I was never in any danger of relegation but sadly never in contention for the 1 promotion place on offer.

NorwegianSecondDivisionGroup4Overview_Stages-3.png

SkarpIFFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

I have rejected the offer of a new contract - I think my contract was hampering the club....My top earner as a player was only earning £150 a week whilst I was taking home £650 a week - that could have been the difference of 3 or 4 new players!!

So come the 31st December I'll be a free agent and we'll see what the next installment of my career holds. Not the most successfull stats - a win percentage of 33% and a negative goal difference. I'm not sure the Skarp fans will be sad to see the back of me but seeing as we only averaged 117 spectators per game thats no big problem!!

FromPerthToPaisleyOverview_Profile.png

Archived