This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later - WHAT THE HELL!!!

Sounds like it's the Steam/New patch issue... Have you tried reading this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719 Follow the instructions two or three times if it doesn't work first time around. Ignore the bit about deleting FM.exe though. Just verify your game cache a couple of times. That'll fix it..

I am really starting to lose my faith on humanity when i see these threads on forum. For God sake people use your brains, when you have a problem you first reaction can't be, "look a problem, well I am not going to try fixing it, instead I'm going to forums and start a new thread and blame SI or Steam making this game unplayable."

I am really starting to lose my faith on humanity when i see these threads on forum. For God sake people use your brains, when you have a problem you first reaction can't be, "look a problem, well I am not going to try fixing it, instead I'm going to forums and start a new thread and blame SI or Steam making this game unplayable."

Looking at the OP he was seeking help & how may I ask is he supposed to fix a problem that he doesn't understand without coming to the forums?

As it has been stated many times there are a large number of people that only play FM & have no past experience of using Steam so for them this is a major issue & they are free to post about their concerns &/or frustration.

Looking at the OP he was seeking help & how may I ask is he supposed to fix a problem that he doesn't understand without coming to the forums?

As it has been stated many times there are a large number of people that only play FM & have no past experience of using Steam so for them this is a major issue & they are free to post about their concerns &/or frustration.

Well by typing "fm 2012 this game is currently unavailable" on google i get loads of threads on different forums, that give help on this matter, so it's far from rocket science. And yes people can come here to post if they have problem with this game, but it would be better for all of us, if they even tried to solve this problem before starting a new thread that rants about how SI or Steam made this game unplayable.

Well by typing "fm 2012 this game is currently unavailable" on google i get loads of threads on different forums, that give help on this matter, so it's far from rocket science. And yes people can come here to post if they have problem with this game, but it would be better for all of us, if they even tried to solve this problem before starting a new thread that rants about how SI or Steam made this game unplayable.
It can be argued that if they didn't post SI would rightly think that all is well. As someone said in one of the other threads it might be wise to clearly put this specific problem & the fix as its own sticky.

The fact that you found loads of threads on teh subject suggests that it is not a minor problem.

The thing that SI need to be asking Steam to do is to include the Instructions on How to Fix It when the quite frankly useless "You want to play this game that you've paid for but i'm not letting you - Ha Ha" message appears.

Well I must have missed that "You want to play this game that you've paid for but i'm not letting you - Ha Ha" message, mine just said that "this game is currently unavailable".

It can be argued that if they didn't post SI would rightly think that all is well. As someone said in one of the other threads it might be wise to clearly put this specific problem & the fix as its own sticky.

The fact that you found loads of threads on teh subject suggests that it is not a minor problem.

So you are saying that we need to post numerous threads on these forums, just to make sure that SI knows there is a problem, i really don't think so.

So you are saying that we need to post numerous threads on these forums, just to make sure that SI knows there is a problem, i really don't think so.

The search function on this site is garbage & a looking at the first page there is only this thread that is clearly discussing the problem, there are a few others but the thread title does not suggest that to be the case I also do not see the flood of threads swamping the board that you do.

Archived