'x' coach demands I pay attention to match preperation...

Is there any way to disable this message coming up every week if you only have one tactic currently selected?

I ask because I vary my tactics a lot, scrapping a bunch of them in one go and redesigning new ones as the season progresses. This means that occasionally i'll end up with one only tactic because, hey, it's getting me results.

Yet every week this same coach demands that I have more than one tactic or else he'll perform the FM12 equivilent of showing up at my house in the morning and standing in the flower bed, staring at me through the kitchen window while I eat my cereal and fearfully and desperately pretend not to notice him.

Yes, Mr Coach, I know I only have one tactic. Yes, Mr Coach, I do know that it's good to have variety (they don't call me the 'tinkerer' for nothing). But you know what? After winning six games on the bounce the very last thing I want is for you to repeatedly insist that i'm doing something wrong.

And thus FM12 has made me cultivate an irrational hatred of a coach who i'm sure is actually a very nice guy...

Ummm only thing I can think of is either not having an AssMan or just put other tactics in for the sack of it

Oddly enough it's never the Assman.

This has been my solution, but honestly i'd rather it just didn't repeatedly appear. In any case, shouldn't this sort of thing be left for those happily ignorable backroom discussions?

I agree it does get a tad annoying but mine stops because I set 3 tactics. The member of backroom staff that tells you is normally the one with the most tactical know-how in his information screen, if 2 or more share the same % rating then it gets a bit tricky.

To fill the Tactics Bar either the Tactic Training Attribute or Tactical Knowledge is need and the bar disregards the lowest figure of the 2 i.e. they don't add up.

Just tried something and you can actually set the same tactic for the back ups. So instead of the player learning 3 different tactics they are learning the same one 3 times maybe increase familiarity quicker and whilst you are tinkering away at one they are still learning the base settings

Just tried something and you can actually set the same tactic for the back ups. So instead of the player learning 3 different tactics they are learning the same one 3 times maybe increase familiarity quicker and whilst you are tinkering away at one they are still learning the base settings

Hmm. Cool solution.

Is there any way to disable this message coming up every week if you only have one tactic currently selected?

I ask because I vary my tactics a lot, scrapping a bunch of them in one go and redesigning new ones as the season progresses. This means that occasionally i'll end up with one only tactic because, hey, it's getting me results.

Yet every week this same coach demands that I have more than one tactic or else he'll perform the FM12 equivilent of showing up at my house in the morning and standing in the flower bed, staring at me through the kitchen window while I eat my cereal and fearfully and desperately pretend not to notice him.

Yes, Mr Coach, I know I only have one tactic. Yes, Mr Coach, I do know that it's good to have variety (they don't call me the 'tinkerer' for nothing). But you know what? After winning six games on the bounce the very last thing I want is for you to repeatedly insist that i'm doing something wrong.

And thus FM12 has made me cultivate an irrational hatred of a coach who i'm sure is actually a very nice guy...

ex44.jpg

He's coming to exorcise your demonic tactical selections ;)

Archived