First teams and their second teams.

This is a huge problem and a lot of Spanish football fans do not like this at all.

First teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Villareal and etc. should be linked together with their second teams as reserve teams and NOT SEPERATE SINGLE TEAMS.

Real Madrid, Real Madrid Castilla (2nd team) and Real Madrid C(3rd team) are all ONE CLUB in real life, where as in game they are still seperate teams, Real Madrid are not Castilla's feeder club. I can't train players at Castilla/C like I can with U19 (JuvenilA,B,C) I don't have any influence on the players. Florentino Pérez is president for RM, Castill and C in game (as in real life) yet they're still not one club. Another reason why this thing is irritating is because players such as Arbeloa and other players who have spent years in Castilla, C are not being counted as homegrown players because they're seperate clubs.

Example:

Castilla 3 years

Real Madrid C 2 years

Real Madrid 1st team 1 year

In real life = Homegrown.

In game it's not like this at all, in the game the player is being counted as a homegrown/youth player of Castilla and not Real Madrid.

So, since the developers won't bother with this I'd like to ask if it's possible to make Castilla and C ONE with first team like U19 team is? (Editor)

They've got this working more naturally in the Norwegian leagues, where in the second divisions groups you have the premier division team's second teams competing - as part of the same club - and generally doing reasonably well. Probably works the same in some other countries as well, Norway just springs to mind because I'm managing there currently. If that system could be ported to Spain (with suitable changes for rules) than it might make more sense.

This is a huge problem and a lot of Spanish football fans do not like this at all.

First teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Villareal and etc. should be linked together with their second teams as reserve teams and NOT SEPERATE SINGLE TEAMS.

Real Madrid, Real Madrid Castilla (2nd team) and Real Madrid C(3rd team) are all ONE CLUB in real life, where as in game they are still seperate teams, Real Madrid are not Castilla's feeder club. I can't train players at Castilla/C like I can with U19 (JuvenilA,B,C) I don't have any influence on the players. Florentino Pérez is president for RM, Castill and C in game (as in real life) yet they're still not one club. Another reason why this thing is irritating is because players such as Arbeloa and other players who have spent years in Castilla, C are not being counted as homegrown players because they're seperate clubs.

Example:

Castilla 3 years

Real Madrid C 2 years

Real Madrid 1st team 1 year

In real life = Homegrown.

In game it's not like this at all, in the game the player is being counted as a homegrown/youth player of Castilla and not Real Madrid.

So, since the developers won't bother with this I'd like to ask if it's possible to make Castilla and C ONE with first team like U19 team is? (Editor)

Actually, I am pretty sure that they do count as homegrown at their clubs even if in the reserve teams. What annoys me is that I can't move players to B team to regain fitness and such, even though I am fairly certain that it does happen IRL.

Ok, so I have made a work around. I had to delete the original Castilla and C team and add them under R.Madrid under the reserve option in the editor.

The slight draw back is the the C team is Now the Under 19s.

When moving players to the new teams their contracts change to start at the beginning of the save, so Homegrown problems will still occur unless you make a note of the players start dates and change them manually. You would also have to change the teams in the history section of the players or if you know which ones need it you can just make them homegrown in the player data section.

There is only one set of coaches and only one manager.

You can control the the new castilla or leave it to an assistant.

EDIT: before you delete the teams, make sure you set everything up first, it will be easier to move players by mass editing them, it may be good to call the new castilla something else before moving the players, once they are moved you can delete the teams.

Actually, I am pretty sure that they do count as homegrown at their clubs even if in the reserve teams. What annoys me is that I can't move players to B team to regain fitness and such, even though I am fairly certain that it does happen IRL.

The homegrown isuse the OP stats the the club homegrown players that in the current system that have said at all of the madrid side but not in one long to gain a HG (CLUB) symbol. For Example for a HG (CLUB) a play has to have been at the club for 3 years between 15-21 but with each team represented has a different team he is not recognised by the R.Madrid Senior Team has a HG (CLUB)

Ok, so I have made a work around. I had to delete the original Castilla and C team and add them under R.Madrid under the reserve option in the editor.

The slight draw back is the the C team is Now the Under 19s.

When moving players to the new teams their contracts change to start at the beginning of the save, so Homegrown problems will still occur unless you make a note of the players start dates and change them manually. You would also have to change the teams in the history section of the players or if you know which ones need it you can just make them homegrown in the player data section.

There is only one set of coaches and only one manager.

You can control the the new castilla or leave it to an assistant.

EDIT: before you delete the teams, make sure you set everything up first, it will be easier to move players by mass editing them, it may be good to call the new castilla something else before moving the players, once they are moved you can delete the teams.

Thanks for the effort, I'll try this out tomorrow. :)

I still wish they'd do something about this for FM13 though.

Archived