SI what the hell? my save is ruined...

no player wants to come to me... i got promoted in my first season and finished just outside the play offs last season. my expectations were set for a title challenge, i have one of the best wage budgets in the league and nobody wants to come. im not stuck half way through pre season with half a squad. SORT IT OUT SI

It would be an idea to give quite a lot more detail, without knowing your circumstances it's impossible to suggest what might be wrong.

I've managed 4 different clubs now and signing players hasn't been a problem at any of them.

The obvious questions are if you are using player search or scout reports features how many players get filtered out when you tick 'remove unrealistic transfer targets' & of those remaining are they still refusing to sign for you?

Edit: Plus what Kriss said.

managing guiseley. blue square premier.

trying to sign players on frees and because my chairman has been kind ive got 100k so i looked at other players in my division. only players that wanted to come were players that didnt strengthen my team. all the players that strengthened it just said im currently not interested in contract discussions.

What I've found in the lower reaches of South American football is that I can only sign players who are a bit better than some I've got, that makes improving the squad overall a slow process, you just have to take the best of what you can get and go for the long haul.

but i achieved promotion in the first season and finished just outside the play offs second season, surely my rep should go up dramatically. i have a new stadium coming in 2014. but still nobody at all wants to come.

No, your rep will have improved a bit, it takes sustained success to make if really grow.

No, your rep will have improved a bit, it takes sustained success to make if really grow.

like crawley? hahahaha no it doesnt, if i was a player and i had the option of guiseley in this current situation, or york who have been struggling PLUS the money i have i would choose guisleley. but players choose other clubs infront of me.

im not using player search untill i get to league 1, as in real life i wouldnt have the knowledge of players when i just started as manager.

There's a llama inside there somewhere :D

As Kriss has said you are probably setting your sights too high, even though you managed to put in a strong performance in your first BSP season players will still be wary that you could struggle & run the risk of relegation. Has your club gone full-time? This can be a big difference in the BSP as players will be less inclined to move to clubs that are semi-pro even if you offer them full-time terms.

I took Nuneaton from the BSN to the 2nd Division in back to back promotions and I used the player loans the best I could.

You will not get players of a greater playing standard to sign for you but on loan they will,I suggest either getting a parent club or searching the parent club you already have and taking a few on loan.

Which would be about right at this early stage of your career, I think this is just a case of FM being too reliant on reputation when making decisions & is something that has often annoyed me when I'm stuck at a basement club with all the money in the world but no option to convince players that I am the real deal & this is made worse by the steadfast refusal to even discuss terms

IRL if I wanted player x & he sent a message via his agent that he will not discuss a move to my team I'd send a voicemail telling him that it's shame he's not interested in my £1000 pw offer & sit back waiting for the call.

Parent club in England:eek: give that LLaMa jacket back:(

Deep breaths, technically as llama's we shouldn't have even spoken to him. :D

link me? 10101010

LLM

We're just round the corner, fairly quiet these days & nowhere near as league of gentlemen as many folk make out. :D

Edit: Do take the time to read the stickies & posting rules, simple mistakes have resulted in horrible accidents.

Come visit the LLM forum one day;) tread carefully though.

Don't do it mate,in fact stay well clear of the LLM forum as you can.

Honest they are a fickle bunch in there and I would only advise players that have good experience of LLM to venture there.....and Kriss knows this ;)

how do i apply for a professional status?

I'm reluctant to help you just because of the last part in your username BUT seen as you're managing one of my local clubs i'll offer a little bit of help :)

I personally have never had to get professional status as I haven't manged from the BSN/S. But to gain professional status I think you have to get promoted to the 4th Division (league two)? I am not sure.

Maybe the players just don't want to come as you're not professional yet?

:)

To get professional status you have to be promoted to say Division 2 in England.

When I took Nuneaton from the BSN to Division 2 they automatically went from part time to full time.

That meant of course I had to offer all my coach's and staff new contracts as well as the players I wanted to keep new contracts to make them full time.

sounds about right to me matty...

the lower the league the lower the enticement to join is .... and lets face it ... clubs yoyo in and out of the league all the time down there... your promotion and one season just off play off's wouldnt entice me to swap teams to you tbh. the point is, down there you make do with what you have and try your best to scrape together a team able to claw your way out into the higher leagues where you will gain rep and money and bring in better players

Archived