Problem installing Steam for the first time on Mac Book Pro

im praying for help here.

i have bought this years instalment, only to find out that you have to have steam installed to install the game. ok, no problems until i download steam. oncei downloaded it, ran the application. steam started to update, then suddenly stopped and says steam needs to be online to update. please confirm your network connection and try again.'' now obviously i am online so my network connection is fine. i am just baffled by what to do. i have been searching forum after forum all day to no avail. its really frustrating me now. i know for a fact there are people out there playing fm on a mac, just how.

please help.

• 5 months later...

I am getting the same problem "Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again". I did everything here in this forum and tens of other forums/blogs such as deleting the "Registry" file and deleting all of steam contents but nothing has worked. I spent the whole night trying to figure out what to do. Any idea and can someone help me please?

I am praying for help here as well, i just want to play again my FM please help.

Archived