***He Who Does Not Travel Does Not Know The Value Of Men*** - iacovone's FM12 Career

iacovone

I promised myself I wouldn't purchase FM12 until my FM11 career (Here) was complete. It appears I still have pathetic self-discipline :D

So without further ado, welcome to my FM12 career. Followers of the last one will no doubt fondly recall my amusingly poor first steps in FM11 as I struggled to get to grips with the game. Though I eventually found reasonable success, I have little doubt that I'll begin this career in much the same vein - and this brings a smile to the face!

Leagues loaded - we've gone with more this time. 36 nations and 87 leagues. The player count is up to 130,000 but this is just 10,000 more than the last career, so shouldn't cause any real problems in game speed.

I am starting unemployed with a sunday league reputation under my Bulgarian alias of Krassimir Rankov.

Objectives:

• To stick this out until FM2013
  • To widely travel the world
  • To move jobs when better salaries are offered but only if I feel stale at my current club
  • To try and incorporate a small club to big club transformation somewhere along the way
  • To ENJOY FM12

I hope I can accumulate a similar readership for this career - if it's anything like the last, it should be a lot of fun.

:)

Thanks iseemonsters!

So after applying to all and sundry, 10 offers were received. I narrowed it down immediately, preferring to stay in Europe for now. So out went 3 offers from my familiar South African sides, plus a couple of Norwegian teams and a couple of Brazilians.

This left me with the below:

KrassimirRankovNews_Inbox-3-1.png

KrassimirRankovNews_Inbox-2-1.png

KrassimirRankovNews_Inbox-1.png

All three operate small budgets and I had to think hard over where to begin my career. To be honest, the Croats did appeal to me. I have fond memories of my time there but it felt like an unrealistically large first step to take given that they'd just been relegated from the top flight. So that was rejected.

The Khabarovsk job was similar. They had a nice set up and were just a division off the top with a decent financial (secure) position. They were also offering a man of my tiny stature far too much money! I wouldn't want to rob them of that...So I turned the offer down.

That left an intriguing proposition from the depths of Turkey - Kirklarelispor in the Turkish 3rd flight. There's a bit of cash and a decent wage budget but they are fundamentally a small club. Last season saw the team win the 4th tier and so they are the newbies of the lowest playable division of Turkey. I hesitated, but then realised that this is as normal as it could begin for Rankov.

Deal.

kirklarelispor_logo.jpg?w=167&h=218

Turkish Delight?

Kirklarelispor - 2011/12

Welcome to Kirklareli - home of Kirklareli Spor 1968 and more importantly my home.

The club were founded in 1968 (good guess) and were recently playing in the 4th tier of Turkish football before storming the league last season to arrive in the 2. Liga. We are a fully professional outfit (at least on paper) and 'boast' a 2000 all seater stadium - The Kirklareli Ataturk (see below):

220px-Kırklareli_5190.jpgKIRKLARELIATATURK.jpg

Other than that we have no corporate facilities, basic training facilities, and minimal youth and junior coaching facilities. Needless to say our youth recruitment is barely existent at 'basic'.

There is £55k in the bank to play with and a £5.5k budget though. We could do something with that. I also have room to bring in my own backroom team.

Other Info:

Rivals: None

Ave Ticket Price: £1.90

Ave Season Ticket: £30.00

Objectives:

• Survive
  • Build
  • Enjoy

Simple. Let's see where this goes...

I cant wait to see what happens here! your fm11 was epic but you just ran out of time with the fm12 release, you got a whole year now. Good luck mate

Exactly. Consider that a long term warm-up for an even longer term epic this time!

Thanks BWG too :)

Delta - it should be tough, but I think I've made some good acquisitions in Turkey. It seems as though there are plenty of talented free transfers to boost my squad. I'll do my usual pre-season build up report tomorrow.

kirklarelispor_logo.jpg?w=167&h=218

Pre Season Build Up - Kirklarelispor - 2.Liga - 2011/12

Media Prediction: 15th (of 17)

Transfer Budget: £5,488

Wage Budget: £12,026 p/w

Current Wage Bill: £11,406 p/w

Key Men:

Akyut Kiratli (GK) - signed on loan for the year from Fenernahce, the 19 year old keeper surpasses the previous number 1 here. He'll have to put in a big season for us as he'll undoubtedly be busy!

Mehmut Duz (ST/AMC) - signed on a free transfer, Duz already looks like he could be a handful up front. He's scored 3 in 3 in pre-season and I'm hoping for big things.

Ishak Topcu (ST/AMRL) - already at the club when I joined, Topcu is a talent. His determination in leading the line could be crucial and I'm hoping he'll forge a good partnership with Duz.

Ilkem Ozkaynak (D/WB/ML) - also at the club and a very talented full back. He's at his peak right now and can operate anywhere down the flank. However we'll see him primarily at left back.

Barbaros Barut (DM/MC) - Good name. My new DM signing will slot in to a competitive 3 man CM and be expected to hustle and bustle his way to winning possession back for us.

Formation:

KirklarelisporTactics_Overview-2-1.png

So we're going narrow and we're going to condense any creative midfielders into tiny shadows of their former being! There's no great tactical plan in truth. I want us to retain possession and get it to the forwards in and around the box. They should be capable of that...here's hoping.

As I am doing in HunterKiller's thread "A European Ramble", I'm going to translate your player names :D.

Ozkaynak - Equity

Usta - Master

Tiraki - Subsidiary

Ege - Aegean Sea

Barut - Gunpowder

Duz - Smooth

Topcu - Gunner

Quite a lot there, hope the team isn't too aggressive!

Ha thanks. Nice to know Topcu is the Gunner. He's scored twice already :cool:

I'm torn by this. Hooray for another iacovone career thread; but the old career was awesome and its a shame to see it end.

Looking forward to the continuing Turkish venture, and beyond.

I can appreciate that. I was pretty sad to leave the old file, especially as I said I would stick with it. But the urge to play the latest FM was too great. I'm pleased I made the switch. Hopefully this can be just as fun :)

Oops.

Called a team meeting after 7 games. We're 4-1-2 in the league and sit 4th.

So I start by saying that I'm delighted at how we're playing and to keep it up.

Some players are demotivated.

I ask my captain to speak. He echoes my views.

No reaction.

So I ask the room if anyone has something to say. One midfielder steps forward and says it's too premature for that talk.

Heads drop further.

Sensing danger ahead, I close the meeting by assertively telling them that this was EXACTLY the response I was after.

Twenty five players' morale dropped to abysmal.

WHAT HAVE I DONE? :(

Despite the obvious **** up I've made here, I do love this new feature, I think it'll be a superb addition to squad management. Just need to get used to it! :D

Oops.

Called a team meeting after 7 games. We're 4-1-2 in the league and sit 4th.

So I start by saying that I'm delighted at how we're playing and to keep it up.

Some players are demotivated.

I ask my captain to speak. He echoes my views.

No reaction.

So I ask the room if anyone has something to say. One midfielder steps forward and says it's too premature for that talk.

Heads drop further.

Sensing danger ahead, I close the meeting by assertively telling them that this was EXACTLY the response I was after.

Twenty five players' morale dropped to abysmal.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Despite the obvious **** up I've made here, I do love this new feature, I think it'll be a superb addition to squad management. Just need to get used to it!

Hahahaha awesome :lol: Sounds like something from The Office. Boss calls awkward motivation meeting, people feel uncomfortable in it, boss then tells everyone how wonderful the meeting has been. People go out of it wondering what on earth is the boss smoking. :D

Good start though, if this is going to be anything like your FM11 save, it's going to be an epic story. :thup:

Forgive me. As the game is fresh I want to try a one club challenge (or at least start one). I'm sure I'll be back to this one but for now, you can find me here :)

Come back soon Iacovone!

Although, I approve of the choice of going to Italy! ;)

But I thought you'd be itching to get back on the road for another epic journeyman save.

Come back soon Iacovone!

Although, I approve of the choice of going to Italy! ;)

But I thought you'd be itching to get back on the road for another epic journeyman save.

I think after just doing the FM11 journeyman I need a bit of a break before I head back around the globe. I think I might play my Novese game for a while, hopefully complete the challenge, retire and then start a new sunday league experienced manager in that game world. I prefer the game when it's full of regens :)

Now that you can add and remove leagues it makes it possible to continue after my Novese file is complete. I'll see how it goes.

I think you should get cracking in Italy - your save where you went to Hellas Verona was great!

I'm torn by this. Hooray for another iacovone career thread; but the old career was awesome and its a shame to see it end.

Looking forward to the continuing Turkish venture, and beyond.

This.

And for the sake of our entertainment, I wish Mr Rankov the very worst luck possible on his new venture. For a while, at least :p

I think after just doing the FM11 journeyman I need a bit of a break before I head back around the globe. I think I might play my Novese game for a while, hopefully complete the challenge, retire and then start a new sunday league experienced manager in that game world. I prefer the game when it's full of regens :)

Nice idea. The new add and remove league thing makes this a possibility now. Nice to think you could just have one big save where you take on different challenges or ideas you have. :thup:

I think you should get cracking in Italy - your save where you went to Hellas Verona was great!

Yeah, I'm tempted to go for Italy again but I do want a career save this time around, more like some of your adventures have been. Now that I have a decent spec PC, I really owe it to my computer, and myself, to load a decent amount of leagues and to do some 'journeymanning'! :D

Actually, as an FMCUer who tends to have awesome careers that I enjoy reading about, I'd appreciate your advice over in the discussion thread as I fine tune my ideas for a new save. Pop over when you get a chance mate. I'd appreciate it! :)

Archived