A career of (not so) epic proportions!

MattSpurs94

Since my Dafuge challenge save is close to imploding on me, I have decided to start a new journeyman career.

Details

Large Database

~61,000 players

12.0.3 Patch

Leagues loaded

Sunday League Footballer

There are currently 14 jobs available, over half of them being Norweigen jobs. Should be interesting....

Let's get this show on the road!

My Career So Far:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season |      Club      |        Division        | Position |           Achievements            |
|--------|----------------|------------------------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|  2011  |  Jevnaker IF   |     Norweigan SD G2    |    9th   |             Survival              |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP 1

JEVNAKER IF

JIF-merke_______RD.jpg

First stop is with Jevnaker IF, a team in the Second Division Group 2. They are 5 games into the Norweigan season, and lie in 7th place. With a prediction of dead last, It'll be interesting to see if we can stay up and hopefully build towards promotion next season. The squad desperately needs organising, with only 3 stand out players.

Squad (most of it) - Current Table - Finances

Key men

Rune Hagen - A great all round winger for this level, although slightly lacking in pace. Looking for him to chip in with a few assists. Is getting on a bit.

Lars Lafton - A beastly striker who just needs the right manager to get him really scoring. Will be neede to lead the line for a few seasons.

Erik Hagen - Wow, check those mentals! A solid enough centerback who, like the other two, is getting on, and will need replacing, probably next season.

Aims

Get a good solid midtable position. If we get that we can start to aim for promotion

Bring in reinforcements. Everywhere. The squad is pretty carp, and will need replenishing.

STOP 1

JEVNAKER IF

JIF-merke_______RD.jpg

Norweigan Second Division Group 2 - 9th

Norweigan Cup - 2nd Round

After joining just after the start of the season, we were sitting in 7th. It was obvious that wouldn't last, so I made a few transfers. By few, I mean a lot. The squad needed quality all over, so I did what I could with the resources available to find it. The results throughout the season were patchy, with our best run of form coming with a 4 game undefeated streak. How, I don't know. All I know is we flirted with relegation all season, so next season we will have to improve.

We were knocked out of the cup before I arrived.

Squad

Far too big. Will need to be trimmed down, and sprinkled with more quality.

Key Players

Anders Eriksen - 6 goals and 5 assists is a great reaturn from the right midfielder. Will be vital next season.

Jonas Becken - Mr. Reliable in defence. Probably was vital in saving us from relegation.

Lars Lafton - 7 goals is a good start, but really need to step up for next season.

Next Season

More Quality Players

A few friendlies to help sort out the finances.

At least midtable, possibly pushing for promotion?

Career Summary

| Season |      Club      |        Division        | Position |           Achievements            |
|--------|----------------|------------------------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|  2011  |  Jevnaker IF   |     Norweigan SD G2    |    9th   |             Survival              |

• 2 weeks later...

STOP 1

JEVNAKER IF

JIF-merke_______RD.jpg

Norwegian Second Division Group 2 - 6th

Norwegian Cup - 2nd Round - Lost to Nardo on penalties

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

An improvement on last season, finishing 6th, but we could of finished much higher had our defence been better. We scored the second highest amount in the league, but in conceding 38 we really let ourselves down. Performances improved greatly, with two 5 game unbeaten runs and one 7 game run. We still were prone to losing by 3 or 4 goals, but would then go on to score 4 next game. If I can shore up the defence, and possibly a new goalkeeper, there's no reason why we can't challenge next season. I hope we can, as I've decided it will be my last with Jevnaker, promotion or not.

We were knocked out of the cup early on penalties by Nardo.

Squad

Nearly disastrous, as I let far too many players go and struggled to find quality replacements. It did seem to help, so I'll aim for a small squad next season too.

Transfers

Key Players

Anders Eriksen - 6 goals and 11 assists. Awesome.

Håkon Kjaeve - The lower league manager's best friend, him and Lafton led us to 6th place.

Lars Lafton - A brilliant return of 16 in 19 for the veteran striker. Would have been higher but he more or less missed the last 3 months with injury

Erik Hagen - A rock in central defence, unfortunately, he's off to Hamilton for next season.

Next Season

Push for promotion.

New central defender, possibly goalkeeper.

Career Summary

|  2012  |  Jevnaker IF   |     Norweigan SD G2    |    6th   |             Midtable              |

Archived