Ever get the feeling that you're not going to win?

2011102800001.jpg

3-0 up after 13 minutes, completely dominating Arsenal, and then that. I didn't change my tactics, which are 'fluid' for all categories, so how do I then go on to miss 2 simple chances and then not have any of the ball in their third? It was so obvious from the 30th minute onwards that the game would contrive to make Arsenal win. I'm just surprised it wasn't a penalty :rolleyes:

To be fair, it does look like they dominated the game? What was your half-time team talk like? I find my players can get complacent if I am leading at half time and I tell them I am pleased. Pretty much I know they will perform poorly if they go out there delighted.

To be fair, it does look like they dominated the game? What was your half-time team talk like? I find my players can get complacent if I am leading at half time and I tell them I am pleased. Pretty much I know they will perform poorly if they go out there delighted.

The statistics are distorted because after 13 minutes my team couldn't do anything. The half-time team talk was 'keep going', or something along those lines. It just smacks of game interference when they score a winner via own goal in the 93rd minute.

Maybe your players became complacent? At 3-0 up it was really time to shut down and stop Arsenal from playing. Hit them on the counter attack as I'm sure they changed their tactics to a more attacking outlook.

No, it wasn't. At 3-0, it was go for the jugular. I started out 'attacking' and continued in this vein, so why did that become so ineffective after 13 minutes?

I started out 'attacking' and continued in this vein, so why did that become so ineffective after 13 minutes?

That's why you lost, you continued to place the emphasis on attack whilst Arsenal would have been adapting tactically to stifle your attacking threat whilst doing everything possible to get back into the game. As soon as you noticed them gaining the upper hand it would have been better to switch to a more patient controlling, possession based strategy to make it more difficult for Arsenal to retain possession themselves and find ways to expose your back line.

I tend to go by the old adage 'they can't score if they don't have the ball' if I have a comfortable half time lead.

My team can't perform in the first half, and can't defend a lead in the second half. Whether I win or not lately has come down to opposition strikers having an off day or my keeper having a good day. I've thrown away so many 2-0 leads it is ridiculous. That is even with changing tactics to counter as the opposition go more attacking

It's that time of the year again.

That is, when any unusual result occurs, the game/AI is cheating. It happens.

Twice in four matches?

2011102800002d.jpg

23 shots, hit the woodwork 4 times, 5 half chances and 2 CCC. How can people defend the game when these matches are far too prevalent?

Note: I've never had a team completely dominate me and not score.

Archived