Squad Status bug

As I understand it the squad status bug has been logged and is under review. I just want to know if there will be a patch soon to fix this problem?

I'm managing a semi pro team in N league (South Korea), and it seems like all the full timers have automatic 'not needed' which can't be changed.

It's getting a little bit frustrating. :(

It also happens the other way around, i got promoted and turned professional and a few players that i still have on the club with part-time contracts have their status as not needed and cannot be changed.

Out of interest: which club are you managing? It would be interesting to gather some material on how dynamic "Contract Types" are.

Out of interest: which club are you managing? It would be interesting to gather some material on how dynamic "Contract Types" are.

I'm managing 1º Dezembro which is a semi-professional club originally on the portuguese third tier, i got promoted to the 2nd tier and turned professional, the wage budget is so low that i kept a few players in part time contracts for squad depth and to save some money.

I'm managing 1º Dezembro which is a semi-professional club originally on the portuguese third tier, i got promoted to the 2nd tier and turned professional, the wage budget is so low that i kept a few players in part time contracts for squad depth and to save some money.

I see. There are three variables to take account of: 1) The division's "Contract Types", 2) The club's "Contract Types", 3) The club's "Status" (F/T, P/T, Amt.).

In this case, the situation is as follows.

1) Portuguese Second Division South "Contract Types":

Key player & First team: F/T, Rotation & Backup: P/T.

2) 1º Dezembro "Contract Types":

Default.

3) 1º Dezembro status: semi-professional.

The club status (semi-professional) will here override the "Contract Types" of the division. This means that your players (all of which are P/T) are eligible for every kind of squad status, which as you see are nicely distributed at the first day of the game, including the roles of Key player and First team. Everything works at it should, currently.

It does not work that well with another club in your division, Juventude Évora. They are a semi-professional club as well, but have F/T players in their squad. These contracts will not be recognized by the game, because even though F/T contracts are allowed in the divison, Juventude Évora is specified as a P/T club with default "Contract Types". The F/T players will then be set as "Not needed" and one cannot re-negotiate a new F/T contract with them. The same pertains to Mafra, Moura, Oriental and all other clubs in the same situation: semi-professional sides having F/T players in their squad.

On another hand: It's interesting to note that Fátima, which are classified as a professional side and have a mix of F/T and P/T players, are complying with the "Contract Types" of the division. All F/T players are either key or first team players, all P/T players are either rotation or backup players.

None of these clubs have "Contract Types" specified in the db. Note that if we experiment by allowing Juventude Évora to have their key players set as F/T under "Contract Types", their F/T players will all be recognized as such and will be treated as they should in the game. The same reason explains why a semi-professional club like Bath City can enjoy their F/T players, whereas AFC Telford cannot - in a haphazard fashion, Bath have key and first team players set to F/T, while AFC Telford haven't. There is no intention behind this, just mere chance. Besides: if one edits as suggested, one will not be allowed to change the squad status of a F/T player from key player to something else unless one re-negiotiates the contract to a P/T, thus allowing a wider range of squad statuses. Vice versa P/T players can not be classified as key players. This seems too strained.

Next season:

You are promoted to Portuguese Second League, classified as a professional club and find yourself still maintaining a few P/T players. We saw that there was no trouble with Fátima's mix of F/T and P/T players, but Portuguese Second League have all "Contract Types" set to F/T. Therefore you will indeed have to renew contracts as F/T in order to have all squad status options available. I believe this works as it should if indeed 1) there is not supposed to be P/T players in the Portuguese Second League and 2) you are in fact able to offer F/T contract to those of your players which still are P/T. Regarding 1), I can't help but notice that the researchers have reported a few instances of P/T players in the current Portuguese Second League. There are three in Moreirense, one in Atlético CP and one in Uniao Madeira. Another thing I have observed is that these P/T players stuck in professional sides in divisions only allowing F/T players, tend to be very negative about even discussing new contracts - maybe overly negative, I suggest.

Archived