Moral goes from high to low to quick (and easy).

I am Manager of FC Halifax in the Blue Square North, things were going amazinginly well. Out the first 9 League games i had won 8 and drew 1. I was top of the League by six points. Then i got a message asking for a team meeting. Whilst letting my Assitant do all the Teamtalks and Press Conferences i thought i would just do this one myself as i couldn't see an option to pass it on to him anyway. After all, what harm could i do?

The answer i chose was something like...

Tell the players that that they are doing well, keep it up and we'll win promotion.

I thought, and still do, that was the correct answer in our circumstance. How wrong was i! It angered many of the players, most of them all come as up as bad moral effected. So i asked the Captain for his comment. He said that he and most of the players felt i should have said "We are doing well but i know you can do better". How can no defeats mean you can do better? When i went to my next match the moral for the whole squad was very poor. How could everyone be effected so badly by a comment of praise? I lost the next two games by 0-4 and four games later i have gone from 6 points clear to 6th place in the League. I would never have thought that one comment could destroy my game.

There is a kind of cheat it always worked for me so I stopped using it because I feel it like a cheat.

If you go into private chat with every player and you promise them all good things by the end of the season they always react in a good way, it ends with 1 or 2 levels up of their morale, that always worked on my dozen of attempts then I quitted using it. I have no more fun on manually upgrading their morale up of one or two levels just clicking the mouse. That is also boring doing the same reiterate stuff for each player.

Archived