Steam cloud support???

I thought it was announced that the game would utilize Steam Cloud support after it was made available only to Steam, but it seems this is not the case, I cant find it anywhere... Will it be implemented in the future??

Same question here above all to understand the details of the Steam cloud system.

And even if they up the limit to something OK for FM, there's still going to be the issue of how long it takes to upload/download the massive savefiles.

well this would be understandable, but it wouldnt matter for me, being able to play your save from anywhere would be awesome, even if I had to wait for 5-10 minutes. The problem would arise from multiple savegames, but then they could allow you to choose only one to have on the cloud.

BTW, within 7-8 months of FM gaming my save grew up from 50 to 130 MB.

Is there a way to prevent it from reaching GB dimensions ? In the past years I think to remember there was a tweak to cut from the save old data.

dammit, I was really looking forward to this feature...they shouldn't have promised it though....

I don't think they ever promised this, as it was pretty obvious from the start that this would not work for FM due to the file size. Even if it would be possible, it would be impractical due to the time it takes to upload and download the files again, even on a fast connection. Remember it needs to upload them every time you save.

They might have promised Steamworks support, which is far more than just the cloud, for example achievements, stats, ingame overlay, copy protection etc.

Archived