Whats wrong with this picture

74266123.png

This happens in my save, start of the second season.

Van Persie, asking price 6.5M

Meireles, asking price 12M

Essien, asking price 5M

Not very normal, is it?

That's how much he went to Chelsea for. Surely he has just held his value over the course of the season?

Essien starts the game in the reserves because of a long-term injury. Whilst the AI manager assesses the squad without him, his CA falls, and by the time he is injury free, he is no longer valued for the team. Something I've always noticed happen when players start the game with a long-term injury.

Meireles I imagine doesn't fit into the system being played, and therefore is considered surpluss to requirements.

van Persie is a massive surprise - I'd take advantage and sign him whilst you can!

Essien starts the game in the reserves because of a long-term injury. Whilst the AI manager assesses the squad without him, his CA falls, and by the time he is injury free, he is no longer valued for the team. Something I've always noticed happen when players start the game with a long-term injury.

Meireles I imagine doesn't fit into the system being played, and therefore is considered surpluss to requirements.

van Persie is a massive surprise - I'd take advantage and sign him whilst you can!

You could be right on Essien and Meireles (only play 8 games last season).

I cant sign Van Persie. Can afford his wages! :o

Yes, they are transfer listed... but not by request!

Van Persie contract expires in 2016

Essien contract expires in 2016

Meireles contract expires in 2025

Exactly my point, the club is trying to sell them, hence the lower value. If the club didn't want to sell then the asking price would be higher.

Exactly my point, the club is trying to sell them, hence the lower value. If the club didn't want to sell then the asking price would be higher.

It's a bit strange Arsenal wanting to sell Van Persie, and Chelsea selling Essien (despite the injury)

ok, i think i found the reason why Van Persie is transfer listed... but if thats the reason, imo, its even more odd.

Last season (2011/2012) spend 7 months injury, first with a torn calf muscle (3 months) and then with a knee tendonitis (4 months). In result he only play 4 games last season.

but, if this is the reason, then Van Persie case is the same as Essien case: Listed because of injury. Doesn't feel right, imo!

Christ they have dropped quite dramatically!! I wouldn't play him with stats like that for Arsenal! Can easily see why they would sell him now.

Maybe the issue is players CA dropping too rapidly when out with long term injuries, this could also be tied into why people are seeing players over 30 retiring quickly after a bad injury.....

Christ they have dropped quite dramatically!! I wouldn't play him with stats like that for Arsenal! Can easily see why they would sell him now.

Maybe the issue is players CA dropping too rapidly when out with long term injuries, this could also be tied into why people are seeing players over 30 retiring quickly after a bad injury.....

This is starting to make some sence! Perhaps the same happen with Essien:

33607606.png

If thats the case... a dramatically drop in players CA after injury... and if... as it seems... the CA dont increases (quickly) after the injury... then i think this is something SI should take a look.

It would be interesting if you guys take a look in your save, and see if you can find similiar situations.

Yeah that definately seems to be the issue, again with Essien i would sell him if he looked like that at that age, it would be interesting to see if you played him, do his stats rise to an acceptable level again? You should make a new save of that game, take over Chelsea, stick him in the line up and holiday for a while, see if his stats rise properly.

(i know that would be boring and a pain you dont have to do it!! :) )

Yeah that definately seems to be the issue, again with Essien i would sell him if he looked like that at that age, it would be interesting to see if you played him, do his stats rise to an acceptable level again? You should make a new save of that game, take over Chelsea, stick him in the line up and holiday for a while, see if his stats rise properly.

(i know that would be boring and a pain you dont have to do it!! :) )

i'm gonna do that! shouldn take too long! :lol:

actually... it's gonna take a bit... i'm running a 8 country league save game!

Just set holiday untill December 2012, when it's over i'm place here a picture of Essien (i set him to play in the starting 11)

i dont know if i should be concerned with this. These are big names on the transfer list, and i dont know if you remember but the big Game Breaker when FM11 came out was that there were Big Players on the transfer list like Ronaldo and Messi etc.

It seems to be a different, and far less concern, issue... if there is a issue... because we still dont know.

The big names in transfers list seems to be related with injuries.

For example, Van Persie, got an overall 7 month injury... and at the end of the season was listed by arsenal. Same happen with Essien.

i dont know if i should be concerned with this. These are big names on the transfer list, and i dont know if you remember but the big Game Breaker when FM11 came out was that there were Big Players on the transfer list like Ronaldo and Messi etc.

You shouldnt, not without having more detail. It's clear why Essien and RVP are on the list now, (heavy attribute loss from long term injuries)

You shouldnt, not without having more detail. It's clear why Essien and RVP are on the list now, (heavy attribute loss from long term injuries)

Yes, it seems to be related. My issue is... shouldnt those atributes rise after the injury?

If i have time during the weekend gonna try something:

- Start a save game, with Real Madrid. With the editor gonna put Ronaldo with a major injury (7 or 8 months). I suspect that he will get a huge CA drop.

After the injury, gonna put him to play, and see if the atributes will rise again. IMO they must rise... because we are talking about a player at the peek of his football career.

Yes, it seems to be related. My issue is... shouldnt those atributes rise after the injury?

If i have time during the weekend gonna try something:

- Start a save game, with Real Madrid. With the editor gonna put Ronaldo with a major injury (7 or 8 months). I suspect that he will get a huge CA drop.

After the injury, gonna put him to play, and see if the atributes will rise again. IMO they must rise... because we are talking about a player at the peek of his football career.

this is a good point, they shouldnt necessarily rise quickly but they should start to recover.

I'm just surmising so could be wrong. In the Positioning for GK thread it has been brought up that players have a natural ability level hence why some GKs were losing 3 or 4 point and some only losing 1 or 2, taking this into consideration then during a long term injury stats would drop towards what the game classes has their natural ability level but then it would be down to coaching and playing time to get those stats back up.

If Ronaldo broke his leg and was out for 7 months, I wouldn't expect him to be doing extravagant tricks straight away.

So, depending on the players mentality, team's level of coaching, team's standard of football and age should then determine how quickly the player comes back to normal after the injury.

Picture 1: Start of Save Game (7 to 8 month injury)

53386315.png

Picture 2: After 7 months. Only physical atributes have droped! Seems all pretty normal

46095633.png

Picture 3: 6 months later, playing at Real Madrid first team. Physical atributes rise almost to the original level

26595676.png

Conclusion: Everything seems normal! So why in Van Persie (and Essien) case things happens differently?

Archived