Where are the wingers?

How come every player who can play AML or AMR are always best suited to advanced playmakers. Where are the out and out wingers? For example Obertan and Marveaux are wingers in real life. I've not come across a player who is best suited to a winger, it's either advanced playmaker of inside forward.

its the way the modern game is these days... wide players are expected to do a lot more than be fast and get chalk on their boots now...

and marveaux is never a winger btw... he's played a large percentage of his career as an attacking mid.. couldnt have picked a worse player to use as an example of a winger...

Just because the game doesn't call them wingers it doesn't mean that they can't perform like old fashioned wingers with the right tactics and PPMs.

Personally though I prefer if my wingers run the channels if the ball is on the opposite flank, one of my wingers has got a few goals by making his way to the far post when the right winger has the ball in the final third.

There are many in lower leagues, check it out.

Ah, not just me then. In my BSN squad every wide player is supposed to be a playmaker and every striker a targetman.

I think i know why this happens - it's due to poor algorithms. Playmakers have more key attributes, so the total of key attributes will be higher.

Therefore basically, ignore your assman's advice and use your own judgement.

Ah, not just me then. In my BSN squad every wide player is supposed to be a playmaker and every striker a targetman.

I think i know why this happens - it's due to poor algorithms. Playmakers have more key attributes, so the total of key attributes will be higher.

Therefore basically, ignore your assman's advice and use your own judgement.

I find I have more Poachers and Defensive Forwards than I do Target Men.

I have a lot of target men too. Like Demba Ba for example, I personally don't see him as a target man. Then I've got a player called Wilfired whose stats suggest he's a target man, but my assistant manager says he's a poacher.

I just didn't know whether it would affect their performance if you player them in a different role.

The assistant reports are a guideline. If you think they'll be better elsewhere, go for it. Performances won't suffer just because you disagree with your assistant, it is perfectly plausible for the ass man to be wrong (either because SI have deliberately introduced "human error" into this aspect, or, more likely, Andy is right and the algorithms need a bit of tweaking).

I just didn't know whether it would affect their performance if you player them in a different role.

The roles you give them will definitely affect their performances. The point is, you can't just follow the assman; you need to experiment yourself to find the best role for each player in each match in your system.

Yeah, the role / duty suggested by the assman is a suggestion at best, and often not the best one for a given system. In the player instruction screen, the game will highlight the attributes it thinks is needed for the role that is selected. If your player has good scores areas for a given role, and he can play that position, chances are he'll do well (although, frankly, I see those highlighted attributes mostly as a guideline as well).

Archived