SOLVED - Mac -Steam issues/Game not starting...

I know many have had this issue and I think one or two have pointed out the solution but I thought I'd create a new post so its easy to find for those who are having trouble.

I couldn't load FM via Steam from yesterday and again this morning, so I uninstalled FM via Steam but DID NOT delete the files in User/Documents/Sports Interactive so that I could keep my saved game.

That didn't work as every time I tried to re-download FM, Steam kept telling me the servers were too busy.

All you need to do is first delete FM via Steam, then remove Steam itself from your computer (I am using a Mac, not sure if this works on Windows but I assume it will)

I then re-downloaded Steam and when I did it auto-updated itself...before I uninstalled Steam, I tried to update Steam itself and it said it was up to date but then updated when I re-installed.

I was then allowed immediately to download FM again and it ran first time...and I didn't need to download my saved game which I noticed a few people have :D

Perhaps a Steam update and the FM update somehow conflicted...I don't know, I'm not a whizz on these things, but it's working now.

Sorry to be stupid, but how do you delete FM via steam? I can never find anything I need on steam

Right click on fm12 in your library and choose delete local content. You must get rid of steam completely though and reinstall.

instructions to uninstall steam on mac https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3329-WUJN-5636 YOU WILL LOOSE ALL SAVED GAMES FOR ALL YOUR GAMES!

James, Hope your doing well mate.

I have a Mac but I have this installation problem with Steam. I have the disc version and when I successfully completed installing FM, then a box appears which says "Downloading Update from Steam". Download actually goes fine until it is about to finish then it gives me a message like "you need to be connected to internet for software update to complete from steam" where as I'm actually connected and my internet is working fine.

I have tried reinstalling and installing again but I get the same message therefore I cannot complete the steam download and without steam you can't play the game this time.

Would apprecaite any help please???

Thanks.

I have now deletet all content, and remove steam from my mac.

I then began installing steam/fm again and it all looked positve.

But all of a sudden it stopped and a tiny box appears, stating that the servers are too busy to handle my request :/ just like it has been doing the last 5 days

• 3 months later...

Archived