Plymouth FM12

I have been managing Plymouth who today have just come out of administration. In the game I was allowed to buy 1 player at 26k and signed free transfers / loan players. This was all within the wage budget which I managed to reduce by renegoitatin contracts of high earning players to lower. In the game the club got taken over by a tycoon approx 12 weeks into the season.

My issue is this I thought that if Plymouth were in administration, surely they wouldn't have been able to sign anyone. However the game allowed me to. The club was not stated as in admnistration at the beginning of the game only the the chairman was willing to listen to offers

I love it when Tycoons take over my small little clubs, brings an whole new challenge

He ploughed in 11mill to beef up the bank balance and approx another 11 - 12 mill for facilities. The only thing he hasnt done yet is increase the transfer or wage budget. But prior to the takeover a headline appeared obviouly from the press that a 'transfer bounty of £34 mill' has been promised. Don't know if this will happen or not. However my team of frees and loans aren't doing too bad 2nd in the league after 14 games.

He ploughed in 11mill to beef up the bank balance and approx another 11 - 12 mill for facilities. The only thing he hasnt done yet is increase the transfer or wage budget. But prior to the takeover a headline appeared obviouly from the press that a 'transfer bounty of £34 mill' has been promised. Don't know if this will happen or not. However my team of frees and loans aren't doing too bad 2nd in the league after 14 games.

lol @ 34mil for a league two team? I remember being offered the AC Milan job in one version of FM or CM or other and being promised £80mill transfer budget so I took the job only to discover I had £0 transfer budget and was massively over wage budget!! (I think the AI lies.. :p)

lol @ 34mil for a league two team? I remember being offered the AC Milan job in one version of FM or CM or other and being promised £80mill transfer budget so I took the job only to discover I had £0 transfer budget and was massively over wage budget!! (I think the AI lies.. :p)

The only difference is that you took the job after been promised 80mill. I was already at Plymouth prior to the takeover and as my post already has stated I am 2nd with a team of free transfers / loans and a 26k purchase so I dont think the money will be spent as the team appears to be good enough at this stage to at least make the playoffs if things keep going this well

The only difference is that you took the job after been promised 80mill. I was already at Plymouth prior to the takeover and as my post already has stated I am 2nd with a team of free transfers / loans and a 26k purchase so I dont think the money will be spent as the team appears to be good enough at this stage to at least make the playoffs if things keep going this well

It's more likely to be a standard press announcement across the board rather than specific to the division so if you were in the Prem it would have said the same, in the Championship, etc...

My issue is this I thought that if Plymouth were in administration, surely they wouldn't have been able to sign anyone. However the game allowed me to. The club was not stated as in admnistration at the beginning of the game only the the chairman was willing to listen to offers

I guess the game anticipated that they would come out of administration. It's like if a player or manager goes to a club in September, he's at that club in July at the beginning of a new save. The only issue for me is that James Brent's consortium is not going to have that kind of money to splash around as you mention in post #3. So is the new chairman still 'listening to offers'? That ought to go.

I guess the game anticipated that they would come out of administration. It's like if a player or manager goes to a club in September, he's at that club in July at the beginning of a new save. The only issue for me is that James Brent's consortium is not going to have that kind of money to splash around as you mention in post #3. So is the new chairman still 'listening to offers'? That ought to go.

No it was still Risdale who was listening to offers until got taken over by an Italian Tycoon, but I guess that can happen to any club any time in the game

Plymouth are not in administration at the start of the game on FM12. Instead they are listed as being “in debt”. This means that administration is lurking close by, but the club are usually taken over before then.

On my save, I was able to negotiate much reduced wages for the big hitters and thereafter use the spare wage budget to sign new players. I could even adjust the budget to make a purchase.

Of course, without the confines of administration a club can do this, but it is not realistic for a club to do this, as the creditors would demand their money, and block any transfers.

The game is unable to do anything about this. Perhaps, SI should look into this in the future, where a club is heavily in debt, with a significant negative balance, then the wage budget should decrease with sales or releases to prevent further additions.

I’m unsure how things will pan out long term for my Plymouth. After the takeover, the long term debt when from 9.5m to 17m. This could be explained by the negative balance of £3m. Also I noticed that the club had to pay £5m immediately on take-over. I can only assume that the new owners have loaded the club with more debt by way of interest payments to buy itself. 9.5m to 17m seems one hell of a jump to clear a £3m negative balance.

Plymouth are not in administration at the start of the game on FM12. Instead they are listed as being “in debt”. This means that administration is lurking close by, but the club are usually taken over before then.

On my save, I was able to negotiate much reduced wages for the big hitters and thereafter use the spare wage budget to sign new players. I could even adjust the budget to make a purchase.

Of course, without the confines of administration a club can do this, but it is not realistic for a club to do this, as the creditors would demand their money, and block any transfers.

The game is unable to do anything about this. Perhaps, SI should look into this in the future, where a club is heavily in debt, with a significant negative balance, then the wage budget should decrease with sales or releases to prevent further additions.

I’m unsure how things will pan out long term for my Plymouth. After the takeover, the long term debt when from 9.5m to 17m. This could be explained by the negative balance of £3m. Also I noticed that the club had to pay £5m immediately on take-over. I can only assume that the new owners have loaded the club with more debt by way of interest payments to buy itself. 9.5m to 17m seems one hell of a jump to clear a £3m negative balance.

How are you doing in the league, Ive played 14 and am 2nd. Ive posted on another thread how easy I seem to be finding the game. Even though I have been taken over by a tycoon he hasnt invested anything into transfers / wages, so my team is made up of free transfers/loan signings, except for one 26k signing which I managed to purchased within the budget. These were all purchased prior to the takeover and I was able to make these purchases by reducing salaries of the high earners.

Archived