A quick question for users who play with Steam 'offline'

For those of you who play Steam in 'offline' mode -

Did you automatically receive the update yesterday or did you have to go into Steam to get is as you were 'offline'.

I ask, as I was online with Steam but had the option to automatically update my game disabled. Despite this there is an error with Steam that overrides that setting and updates anyway.

So I am wondering if 'offline' is the best way to prohibit updates?

Thankyou

Mine is set to not "always keep this game up to date".

So I did it manually.

Steam has a bug though that SI are aware of, where this setting has been 'overridden' by Steam for some users. So they received the update despite switching auto-updates off.

That is why I was looking for a response for the 'offline' mode.

I am assuming that Steam wont change to online without you manually doing so yourself if offline has been selected.

Steam has a bug though that SI are aware of, where this setting has been 'overridden' by Steam for some users. So they received the update despite switching auto-updates off.

That is why I was looking for a response for the 'offline' mode.

I am assuming that Steam wont change to online without you manually doing so yourself if offline has been selected.

That's why I asked. :thup:

Mine didnt auto update. So i guess the only answer i can give is always play offline and check this forum about updates.

Then if you want the update, go online, update, then go straight back offline.

Then the little pop up box you get when start FM always asks if you want to play offline, so you are correct. Steam only goes online if you choose.

Hope that helps guys.

Archived