Which is better?

Which do you prefer?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Large squad, average players
    • Small squad, lots of key players

So I have just restarted a new save after my first one kept going from bad to worse, first off getting fired from Malaga, then finding it hard to get a job, and ending up with Hull just self destructing mid season.

So started again and gone back to Malaga, this time with a new approach of buying and selling players. This has made my squad small but we now have more key players.

So I ask which do you prefer and why, A large squad with average players or a smaller squad with lots of key players.

I agree with Ncfc_king about trying to get it to see all player on one screen. In my new Malaga squad for the season I currently have 19, but got one more defender to come in then the squad will be complete. I am a bit shocked that nobody goes for the squad of average players, especially if they are in control of a lower league side, as its all about sustainability.

I am a bit shocked that nobody goes for the squad of average players, especially if they are in control of a lower league side, as its all about sustainability.

How can you have sustainability with such a large squad? Especially if they're all of average ability. Makes no sense.

I like to buy players so i like to have large squads and either send youngsters on loan or play them in the reserves and mix with the first team till they are ready. I would never have a large squad with little or no key players however so i'm kind of inbetween.

I like depth to handle injuries, but I think it's imperative to have a few key players that can come up big. I have, on occasion, found the occasional 2-star player that just plays his guts out. For me, it's usually been up front. Had a 6'7" Portuguese striker (regen) whose finishing was a 6 or so but caused a lot of havok and drew a lot of defenders down in the box. I love that about FM. Just like in real life, sometimes the guys that look like they should be stars never develop and other guys fight against the odds to be the best players they can possibly be.

Archived