[PSP] First Impressions of FMH 2012!

I'm just playing it now, played 2 friendlies after sorting my team out etc.

Is it me or does the loading between days seem slightly quicker?

Also the 2D pitch seems to be 'slicker' somehow. I don't think i'm imagining this, as I've been hammering FMH 2011 for the last week to get back into it, and these are the first things I have noticed.

Well 2012 seems a little harder than 2011 to me, as a first impression. I got mine Saturday so spent a couple of hours on it Sunday morning when the hangover had cleared and went first of all for the tried and tested 4-3-3. No whilst getting out of the Championship was a doddle, the Premier League seems a million miles harder!

Well 2012 seems a little harder than 2011 to me, as a first impression. I got mine Saturday so spent a couple of hours on it Sunday morning when the hangover had cleared and went first of all for the tried and tested 4-3-3. No whilst getting out of the Championship was a doddle, the Premier League seems a million miles harder!

I agree it seems harder than 2011. I always play as Wrexham and take them up, now I won the BSP (but not as easily as I usually do), but I am really struggling in League 2. I was in the bottom half of the table for the first half of the season, managed to get up to first, but have been knocked back into a playoff spot. Only 5 games to go and it's really close!

One thing I have noticed that's different this year. Wrexham start with their finances as OK, getting about 8k to spend in first season. I won the BSP and FA trophy and Wrexham are now rich and I got given 900k to spend 2nd season. Never happened before!

1 thing that still annoys me is that the player histories for teams other than your own are not maintained accurately and consistently. I spotted this in FMH 2011, and it’s still there. If you look at all the goals scored by another team, not your own, and add up all the goals scored from the match reports/tables and then look at the player squad and goals scored it will always be less. I have narrowed the root cause down to substitute appearances not being recorded in the memory some times. This is very frustrating especially when you look at a match report see someone came on as a sub, scored a hat-trick and then it’s not in the memory long term. Only just there, I clicked on a match report for Ireland and saw that Anthony Pilkington scored 2 goals, and then clicked on the player, for it to say he was “uncapped”. Looking at the last team selected, he was a sub.

Also, Anzhi Makhachkala (now 1 of the richest clubs in the world) isn’t even in the game?, so no Samuel Eto’o or Robbie Keane (more than 1 league) for that matter.

Otherwise it’s the same game, with a new database, happy enough!

• SI Staff
1 thing that still annoys me is that the player histories for teams other than your own are not maintained accurately and consistently. I spotted this in FMH 2011, and it’s still there. If you look at all the goals scored by another team, not your own, and add up all the goals scored from the match reports/tables and then look at the player squad and goals scored it will always be less. I have narrowed the root cause down to substitute appearances not being recorded in the memory some times. This is very frustrating especially when you look at a match report see someone came on as a sub, scored a hat-trick and then it’s not in the memory long term. Only just there, I clicked on a match report for Ireland and saw that Anthony Pilkington scored 2 goals, and then clicked on the player, for it to say he was “uncapped”. Looking at the last team selected, he was a sub.

Thanks, we're aware of this issue and it's under review. As you say, it has been present in previous versions.

Archived