Score a goal you...

Ugh... Has this ever happened to anyone? I've gone 3 matches without a goal, all 0-0 draw, massively dominated by my side. I run a back 3, an attacking center midfielder, two strikers, an attacking right and left midfielder... Yet, we just can't score at the moment. I just managed my first goal/ win in 4 matches over Leicester.

So this is how this rediculous match worked. Leicester, despite coming in the top half for the last few seasons they are last with no points after 6 matches. Home game at Pride Park, 60,000 fans and an extremely attacking line up (all I wanted was to break the drought). Now, we casually dominated the entire match, but still in the 60' minute despite 19 shots on target we hadn't found a break through. Bam, a tired Carroll off for Zeefuik, a wasteful Fernandez off for Sosin and finally a tired Mascherano off for Veloso. 3 minutes later Sosin charges into the box where he picks out Zeefuik, but a Leicester player brings him down before he could pull the trigger, PENALTY. Veloso, misses! (twit)... At the 75' minute I was becoming desperate. So I changed the formation to something along the lines of...

.....Zeefuik..Kardec

...Adu..Sosin..Costanzo

....Muamba..Vidal..Veloso

........Rajkovic..Davies

.............Ochoa

...and all out attack.

Yet after that we still weren't able to find anything (neither were Leicester...). So I decided, if I'm going to gamble on the result, I might as well go all out.

...Zeefuik..Vidal..Kardec

.......Adu..Sosin..Veloso

Rajkovic....Muamba....Costanzo

............Davies

............Ochoa

LEICESTER GET THEIR FIRST SHOT OF THE MATCH... Then get another 3 off target ones. Completly mauling their defense, yet no breakthrough... 4 mintues of injury time was called. 94:34 Zeefuik was brought down right on the edge of the box... Rajkovic scores the freekick!

I was getting really desperate for a goal...

Ugh... Has this ever happened to anyone? I've gone 3 matches without a goal, all 0-0 draw, massively dominated by my side. I run a back 3, an attacking center midfielder, two strikers, an attacking right and left midfielder... Yet, we just can't score at the moment. I just managed my first goal/ win in 4 matches over Leicester.

So this is how this rediculous match worked. Leicester, despite coming in the top half for the last few seasons they are last with no points after 6 matches. Home game at Pride Park, 60,000 fans and an extremely attacking line up (all I wanted was to break the drought). Now, we casually dominated the entire match, but still in the 60' minute despite 19 shots on target we hadn't found a break through. Bam, a tired Carroll off for Zeefuik, a wasteful Fernandez off for Sosin and finally a tired Mascherano off for Veloso. 3 minutes later Sosin charges into the box where he picks out Zeefuik, but a Leicester player brings him down before he could pull the trigger, PENALTY. Veloso, misses! (twit)... At the 75' minute I was becoming desperate. So I changed the formation to something along the lines of...

.....Zeefuik..Kardec

...Adu..Sosin..Costanzo

....Muamba..Vidal..Veloso

........Rajkovic..Davies

.............Ochoa

...and all out attack.

Yet after that we still weren't able to find anything (neither were Leicester...). So I decided, if I'm going to gamble on the result, I might as well go all out.

...Zeefuik..Vidal..Kardec

.......Adu..Sosin..Veloso

Rajkovic....Muamba....Costanzo

............Davies

............Ochoa

LEICESTER GET THEIR FIRST SHOT OF THE MATCH... Then get another 3 off target ones. Completly mauling their defense, yet no breakthrough... 4 mintues of injury time was called. 94:34 Zeefuik was brought down right on the edge of the box... Rajkovic scores the freekick!

I was getting really desperate for a goal...

I have to say that I have read a few of your posts on this forum and you continue to name players despite being asked not to.

Please don't name players here, if you want to then do it in Good Players Forum, people here don't want to know what players are good and what players are bad, we want to make the decisions ourselves.

At the point in the game I am it won't make a difference. I keep hearing the name Briand as if he's god himself, in my game he was a terrible striker for Celtic and failed to ever get a national call up. I ran a simulation once just to see how different things could be. Most of my team didn't develope into anything. My best player, Carrol was terrible in it, so hey. If you really would go out and sign players based on reputation here then... Well...

That's just the way I think mate, if you're offended then when you see my name, just don't read it. I hate people who come up, read something, get offended and complain. If I'm offended I just leave. If you don't like how I write, don't read it, simple as that. No, wait I could do things this way just for you Nomis...

"Ugh... Has this ever happened to anyone? I've gone 3 matches without a goal, all 0-0 draw, massively dominated by my side. I run a back 3, an attacking center midfielder, two strikers, an attacking right and left midfielder... Yet, we just can't score at the moment. I just managed my first goal/ win in 4 matches over Leicester.

So this is how this rediculous match worked. Leicester, despite coming in the top half for the last few seasons they are last with no points after 6 matches. Home game at Pride Park, 60,000 fans and an extremely attacking line up (all I wanted was to break the drought). Now, we casually dominated the entire match, but still in the 60' minute despite 19 shots on target we hadn't found a break through. Bam, a tired Carroll off for *******, a wasteful ********** off for ***** and finally a tired ******** off for ******. 3 minutes later Sosin charges into the box where he picks out *******, but a Leicester player brings him down before he could pull the trigger, PENALTY. ******, misses! (twit)... At the 75' minute I was becoming desperate. So I changed the formation to something along the lines of...

.....******..******

...***..*****..Costanzo

....*******..*****..******

........*******..*****

.............*****

...and all out attack.

...*******..*****..*****

.......***..*****..*****

*******....*******....Costanzo

............*******

............*****

LEICESTER GET THEIR FIRST SHOT OF THE MATCH... Then get another 3 off target ones. Completly mauling their defense, yet no breakthrough... 4 mintues of injury time was called. 94:34 ******* was brought down right on the edge of the box... ******* scores the freekick!

I was getting really desperate for a goal..."

Now, any actualy replies, or did I mispell the title... I'm sure that says "Score a goal you..." and not "Winge!!!!".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

Now, any actualy replies, or did I mispell the title... I'm sure that says "Score a goal you..." and not "Winge!!!!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a simple request for you to follow forum rules, and at least I was polite about it. Perhaps you would get mroe responses if you were following the rules and posted in a more courteous manner.

As for your actual post, I don't really see the point in it, you're asking if anyone else has went all out attack after going a few matches without scoring, what do you think? I've even posted a thread about a 4-2-4 tactic I use on here so the answer is going to be yes. If you're wanting the story then why not add it to the very similar comebacks thread I posted last week.

You told me to completly overhaul how I write... Hmmm... You told me to stop doing something that essentially everyone does... Hmmm... You went onto a thread simply to tell me these things... Hmmm...

I have a serious request for you... Never reply to me ever again! If you don't like what I write, just don't read it!

From my experience piling in more and more attacking players doesn't always yield the result you want. I've been infuriated on a number of occasions at Bremen that, despite me playing a hugely attacking line-up and tactics I fail to create much (although I know you said you were having shots, just not scoring - I've also had that too).

I guess it's all about creating quality chances rather than quantity and just the statistic of a shot on target can be misleading - a 30-yard speculative effort that runs out of momentum at the goalkeeper's feet is a shot on target, as is anything hit straight at the 'keeper that even an average 'keeper would save.

Sometimes it seems to be better to just stick with a more balanced setup. I'm the kind of manager who just loves to score goals though - I accept that we will concede them and though I blew my stack at us losing 4-3 to Arminia Bielefeld I couldn't really complain because I was too attack-minded. What really infuriates me is when we play attacking, but don't create chances icon_frown.gif

Archived