FAO Si - Possible Improvement to International management

I always on every version of the game have a crack at improving the fortunes of my second nationality , Hungary

For a nation who have a lot of players sitting on benches throughout europe its frustrating when their all unfit come international week .

I think a good idea would therfor be to include a bit of interaction that happens in real life in which a manager could tell a player he should move club to improve his

international chances .

The Interactions could be as follows

A) Tell the player he should move club to gain first team football if he wishes to further his international prospects

B) Tell the player he should move to a bigger club to improve his international prospects

C) Tell the player he should move to a club from his home nation to improve his international prospects

All of which could possibly unsettle the player dependent upon his personality and could also cause rifts with club managers who may blast the international manager for

meddling in the clubs affairs etc .

I know this is maybe only a small improvement to the game but i dont see any reason why it couldnt be implemented and would add a little bit of realism to international management .

• SI Staff

Yeah that's one area of the game I would like to see improved as well. There should be more clashes with club managers over picking their players and that sort of thing and the examples you mentioned above.

Hi

I also would like shirt/international squad numbers and the possibility to choose stadium when arrange Home Friendly Matches.

I cannot understand why shirt/international numbers are not in the game already. When you are asked to name your squad before matches, friendlies and/or Qualification matches you should also be asked to give your players shirt numbers for the coming matches to, for the referee card. Is this very hard to code/get into the game? I also want to be able to pick up to 30 man squad size and the option to arrange Friendlies with U23 squads/Only Home Based Players on dates that are not International. Arrange double fixture International Friendlies, Home & Away, go on International Tour.

International shirt numbers are in the game somewhat, although admittedly not fully. You choose shirt numbers after squad registration for a major championship. IIRC these then stay with the player for the following year, or maybe two years (until you register for another tournament). Problem is obviously if new players come into the squad they have no number so you have maybe half the squad with numbers and half the squad without in the period between international tournaments.

Hi

I know there is squad numbers for Tornements, but I also want to be able to give the players spesific numbers when playing Friendlies to. That's why I call it SHIRT NUMBERS and not SQUAD NUMBERS. You should have a option to give your players spesific numbers to wear before a International Friendly Match. In real life this is given/written on the referee card before a match, both in friendlies and qualification matches.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277703-National-Team-squad-numbers-for-friendlies-and-qualifiers.

I've been pushing for the shirt number thing for a while. If memory serves me right it worked just fine in FM 2010, but not in 2011 or these first iterations of 2012.

I hope it's something that can be added in some subsequent patches.

Feel free to lend your support in the above thread :)

Archived