Donny Rovers have just proved to me this is too easy

I appreciate this is probably being said quite a bit on the forum elsewhere, so please don't jump on me for starting another post. I'm not a regular user of the forum and wouldn't normally raise a concern i'd just wait for a patch but...FM12 is way too easy.

I don't have screenshots as i deleted the game earlier today but here's why.

Year upon year I always start with Doncaster Rovers, usually a challenge especially now we're in the Championship. I normally have to change the squad quite a bit come January and usually only just survive the bottom 3 (never have transfers in first window turned on so just use free's & loans until Jan). However on this game I have just won the Championship without signing anyone other than Richard Wright, James Beattie, Sone Aluko & Salomon Olembe and no loans. A 3-0 away win at Reading in my first game

raised my eyebrows....then it kind of carried on and on......end of season P46 W29 D10 L7 F90 A57. 90 goals??? Our strikeforce in real life is Billy Sharp & he's crocked... This season we will be lucky to score 9 goals in real life!

I started the game same as always loaded Scottish leagues, took off attribute masking, played flat 4-4-2, nothing tampered with just wanted to play.......my injury situation was as bad in real life but i still ran away with the league and no finances either.....gotta be

something wrong there........in about 13 years of playing this game this has never happened to me before and i start the game the same every year.

Donny Rovers should be battling to stay up with their squad not the total opposite.........it needs sorting.

my wrexham record in the 1st season in BSP. Played 46 Won 36 Drew 9 Lost 1 For 94 Against 21 Points 117 GD +73.

im not going to deny that i expected to win the title 1st season as i was 1 of the strongest teams. i also know im a fairly good fm player in terms of success but i dont expect to win at a canter like that ever. i only signed a few young loanees as well to fill positions in the squad i needed. the game feels a bit easier than it used to to me though i think i got a hang of the teamtalks very quickly this time.

i enjoy having 3 or 4 seasons building my squad & chasing promotion before going up which i eventually always do.....this unexpected promotion and the ease of it has come all too quickly and i'm not convinced this version is one i'll enjoy unless its made a bit more realistic

well.... I parted company with Limavady Utd before I was sacked just after christmas, firmly routed to the bottom of the NI Second Div. Took over Weston SM at the bottom of BSS for the last eight games of the season. Moved em up to second from bottom and duly relegated. Sacked. It's not just my tactic though, it's also my training. and players who are, generally speaking, carp :D

Hmm, I am playing as Arsenal. First season and I have bet Wigan 2-0 at home and bet Man City 2-0 away. Knocked out Dynamo Kyiv 9-5! on agg. in CL qualifiers.

I have read to many reports of the game being too easy, and none of it being to hard. You should of played on and let us know how you did with Donacaster in the Premier League.

I appreciate this is probably being said quite a bit on the forum elsewhere, so please don't jump on me for starting another post. I'm not a regular user of the forum and wouldn't normally raise a concern i'd just wait for a patch but...FM12 is way too easy.

I don't have screenshots as i deleted the game earlier today but here's why.

Year upon year I always start with Doncaster Rovers, usually a challenge especially now we're in the Championship. I normally have to change the squad quite a bit come January and usually only just survive the bottom 3 (never have transfers in first window turned on so just use free's & loans until Jan). However on this game I have just won the Championship without signing anyone other than Richard Wright, James Beattie, Sone Aluko & Salomon Olembe and no loans. A 3-0 away win at Reading in my first game

raised my eyebrows....then it kind of carried on and on......end of season P46 W29 D10 L7 F90 A57. 90 goals??? Our strikeforce in real life is Billy Sharp & he's crocked... This season we will be lucky to score 9 goals in real life!

I started the game same as always loaded Scottish leagues, took off attribute masking, played flat 4-4-2, nothing tampered with just wanted to play.......my injury situation was as bad in real life but i still ran away with the league and no finances either.....gotta be

something wrong there........in about 13 years of playing this game this has never happened to me before and i start the game the same every year.

Donny Rovers should be battling to stay up with their squad not the total opposite.........it needs sorting.

Why say 'I have signed nobody', then go onto say 4 signings you have made. :D

well.... I parted company with Limavady Utd before I was sacked just after christmas, firmly routed to the bottom of the NI Second Div. Took over Weston SM at the bottom of BSS for the last eight games of the season. Moved em up to second from bottom and duly relegated. Sacked. It's not just my tactic though, it's also my training. and players who are, generally speaking, carp :D

I think it's also to do with the style of your play. There are certain techniques available to savvy players - tactics that exploit the match engine to some extent, exploiting transfers, knowledge of specific players that are good and cheap in FM, that sort of thing - that can remove the challenge, should players choose to use them. If you avoid those tactics it makes the game less easy, on the other hand it also means that any success you can get is more rewarding, at least I always feel it to be so.

I spent 2 season in BSBP with Forest Green Rovers, finishing 6th (the highest position they have ever finished) and 9th. Bit of a wheeler dealer in the transfer market and basically had totally different squads for both seasons. Left at the end of my contract and in the October was approached by BSBP side Crewe. They were sat 21st in the table but that soon changed as i won 13 out of 13 in all competitions and ended up winning the title on the last day.

Now back in League 2 Crewe made a tough start, lost my 4 key players in the summer to clear debt and am trying to build the whole club, top to bottom. Spent first 14 games in bottom six, made 3 loan signings and changed tactics a little, won 4 on the spin and im now 5 points off the play-offs.

Going to be a tough season, dont expect a promotion challenge but 21 of my 25 first team squad are under 21 so the future is bright....

Started with Bishop's Stortford, media prediction 19th in the Conference South, selected Automatic Reputation. Bought no one, loaned no one. Used default tactics and training. After 16 games; W13, D2, L1. I should have to work hard with the squad I have to achieve that sort of record with a team tipped for a relegation battle! Come on, someone at SI has to take note of all these threads, not everyone is a FM genius. We're being handed wins on a silver platter.

I think a lot of this is to do with 'form'.

When you get on a good run, you are awarded penalties, opponents get red cards and you get a lot of late goals. This seems to be independent of tactics/player ability/team talk and seems to be a key component as to how the match engine calculates results.

These stories of people walking away with leagues seem to be a result of somehow managing not to 'break' this form over a whole season, which is fairly easy with bigger teams.

I also been 'stuck' in a bad run where I've had 4 successive red cards early in games, conceded lots of penalties and late goals which somehow manage to deny me that win which will break the run.

Its seems 'form' is an attribute in its own right rather than a mere consequence of winning games if that makes sense??

Why say 'I have signed nobody', then go onto say 4 signings you have made. :D

At no point did i actually say i had signed "nobody" its a figure of speech "i didn't sign anyone other than" meaning the players i did sign are by no means world beaters or other than Olembe were in my first XI.

Archived