Activation code on Steam

Had a few problems trying to get going with my FM12 game. From what I understand, the code supplied with the game (printed on the manual) has to be inserted to 'Steam' in order for the game to activate and the installation process to start. I've installed Steam and made an account but have been looking for ages trying to find the part of the site that will allow me to insert the code to start playing. Any simple instructions would be very grateful, thanks.

Thanks for your help, the options at the top left hand side of the screen shot doesn't seem to appear on my screen though. Above the 'genres, demos and videos etc' tabs it only shows 'store, community, news, forums' etc and not the 'Games' tab which it looks like im missing??!!

When I insert the disc and the main FM window opens to start installation, this error message appears every time

"Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to write to the current Steam application folder. Please move Steam to a folder where you have write privileges."

This is why I thought the code had to verified before the installation process can begin.

Thanks for your help, the options at the top left hand side of the screen shot doesn't seem to appear on my screen though. Above the 'genres, demos and videos etc' tabs it only shows 'store, community, news, forums' etc and not the 'Games' tab which it looks like im missing??!!

Are you on Mac?

Apparently not. Could you provide a screenshot, because the menu mije1983 showed you can't be missing?

Do you have "+ Add a game" in the bottom left of the Steam window? if you click it you will get the same options. Your choice is "Activate a product on Steam".

5Bh9Yl.png

Archived