Something I've noticed while unemployed

I normally play my first long term save on FM as the team I support (being Fulham in my case) but I decided to move away from that this year.

I want a bigger challenge.

I decided to start unemployed with the Sunday League Footballer past experience. I then put myself on holiday and instructed the game to apply for all positiont. I am not managing to receive any offers from English clubs, but yet I am met with job offers from Eredivise clubs, along with the likes of Celta in Spain, and then Stade Rennais and St Etienne in France!

I haven't taken these jobs because I want to see which other surprise teams accept my applications.

I've now decided to start with Plymouth Argyle as they have a whole world of problems, but I don't understand the way that this reputation engine is working.

I'm not complaining by the way, merely sharing a story and observation I've made! Anybody else had something similar happen?

check this out- exact same thing - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282533-Started-unemployed-with-semi-pro-rep-and-got-plymouth-job-surely-cant-be-right

btw i am a fulham fan and just started a game with them. quite easy with them, won the league 3rd year and have had 100% roster changeover!

Yeah it's very bizarre. I remember in previous versions I always found it hard to earn a job in France, yet now I'm getting some of the bigger roles with no experience or success!

That's some rebuilding you've done to change the personnel completely! Nicely done on winning the league man!

How many/what leagues have you got loaded?

I've got BSP and above in England, Div 3 upwards in Scotland. Top leagues in France/Holland. Top 2 leagues in Spain/Italy/Germany.

Not to mention your nationality (and thereby, language abilities) will also determine what teams offer for you. I started unemployed with international experience, and my nationality is American. I received offers from clubs in Argentina, for example, because Americans get both English and Spanish languages from the start.

I've got BSP and above in England, Div 3 upwards in Scotland. Top leagues in France/Holland. Top 2 leagues in Spain/Italy/Germany.

This explains it to some extent. To ensure you are not stuck in an endless loop of unemployment with a poor rep, if you only have a top division loaded you will end up getting some offers from those clubs.

Not to mention your nationality (and thereby, language abilities) will also determine what teams offer for you. I started unemployed with international experience, and my nationality is American. I received offers from clubs in Argentina, for example, because Americans get both English and Spanish languages from the start.

Yeah I understand what you're saying there. I'm just set as English.

This explains it to some extent. To ensure you are not stuck in an endless loop of unemployment with a poor rep, if you only have a top division loaded you will end up getting some offers from those clubs.

Yeah that does make sense now that you say it.

Archived