Show me your CM/FM collection !

I was doing some cleaning recently and was thinking : did I kept all my CM/FM boxes ????

Well almost...., the oldest one I still have is CM2 (L'entraineur in French), back to 1995........

And you, what do you have in your cupboard ?????

prsentation1a.jpg

I usually give mine away to my younger cousin when I buy the next series.

I've bought them all from CM01/02 to FM12, apart from FM06. As I wasn't impressed with FM05, so I stuck with CM03/04 for a few years before getting into FM07.

I've kept CM03/04, FM07 and FM11 though.

Championship Manager Italia!

The way we were bilked back in the day, eh? Going to HMV to get the "Update".

We're all very savvy consumers now of course.

No really, Italia was probably the most excited I got about any game ever.

I'm 16 next month and so far I've had

from CM: CM 01/02, CM 4, CM 5, CM 2006, CM 2007, CM 2008, CM 2010 (for £2.51) - This was when I finally saw the light and have since had FM 2008 (got me into the series), FM 2007 as 2008 broke down on me, FM 2009, FM 10, FM 11 and hoping on FM 12 for my birthday.

So in 16 years, I will have clocked up 12/13 footy management games.

But sadly, I've had to give all my old games to charity (house clear-out) and only have the 12 demo and 11 atm.

I'm 16 next month and so far I've had

from CM: CM 01/02, CM 4, CM 5, CM 2006, CM 2007, CM 2008, CM 2010 (for £2.51) - This was when I finally saw the light and have since had FM 2008 (got me into the series), FM 2007 as 2008 broke down on me, FM 2009, FM 10, FM 11 and hoping on FM 12 for my birthday.

So in 16 years, I will have clocked up 12/13 footy management games.

But sadly, I've had to give all my old games to charity (house clear-out) and only have the 12 demo and 11 atm.

Well it's a bit different just having them but not played them at the time and age they were out ;)

The kid is asleep now so I won't go searching the attic but I have most if not all of the CM/FM titles from 97/98 onwards but I am just wondering if I get a bonus point for having "football manager" tape for the ZX Spectrum?

Yes all you young guys I am that "old"(only 38 but it seems that is old these days...pfft)

• SI Staff
Good thread, here are mine

fmgames.jpg

Brings back the memories finding all the old boxes - 20 years of CM / FM :o

:)

That's an impressive collection there.

I need to collate all mine at some point and get a photo up. I think I've got just about all of them from CM1 onwards although I might be missing some Italia editions and stuff like that from when I sold my Amiga (worst decision of my life) many moons ago.

• SI Staff
I was doing some cleaning recently and was thinking : did I kept all my CM/FM boxes ????

Well almost...., the oldest one I still have is CM2 (L'entraineur in French), back to 1995........

And you, what do you have in your cupboard ?????

prsentation1a.jpg

Where is that FM 2007 from? I've never seen the logo in those colours before.

• SI Staff
Ter it's from Australia because it's got an Australian G symbol.

Ah OK. I had just never seen those colours used on the logo before and thought it was strange and wondered what country the game was released in with that box.

Where is that FM 2007 from? I've never seen the logo in those colours before.

yep it's from Australia. I lived there a couple of years and there was a 'special box edition' for FM 2007 with the yellow color and the Hyundai A-league logo.

spy#10 : amazing collection indeed !

Sure brings back memories... I am wondering, why did CM have numbered games (1,2,3 and 4) and "seasonal" games (98/99 etc)?

Would be scary to find out how many hours I have spent on my collection in total (Played CM98/99 onwards I think) although the game did (and still does) spend a fair amount of time idling while I was doing other chores..

Some great collections lads.

I wasn't a PC gamer until early this century and I never got introduced to Championship Manager until 1999/2000 so I'm a little behind on the collections. Without looking I'm pretty sure I have all editions from 2002 onwards (I might have missed one when my obsession with Everquest was at its height). Some very happy memories.

No camera so you'll have to believe me. I think I might have to get them all out and line them up for the world to see.

Sure brings back memories... I am wondering, why did CM have numbered games (1,2,3 and 4) and "seasonal" games (98/99 etc)?

Would be scary to find out how many hours I have spent on my collection in total (Played CM98/99 onwards I think) although the game did (and still does) spend a fair amount of time idling while I was doing other chores..

The numbered editions were all entirely new games with new code whereas the versions inbetween where just season updates with (as far as I can remember) no other changes to the game. Since Football Manager came out (in fact I would probably say since CM4) each new version has been an update of the previous game but with some new features and a season update rather than any of them being an entirely new game. I remember asking about this before and being told that the way FM was written now it was a constant evolution so I don't think we will ever see an FM2.

Scary looking at my past game boxes that I actually paid a few pence less for this year's game than for CM2 Italia in 1995-96!

My god - nostalgia central!! Had forgotten how hillarious the box to CM 93 was! Remember me and some school mates playing a lot of those early editions on his amiga, and it was SO slow playing a full season would take us a whole calender year in 20 minute slots here and there after shchool before we all had to go home for tea. Happy days!

Championship Manager Italia was always my favourite.

I hear ya! Was quality... Fiorentina were my faves.

Re: my collection - I've still got the original game. Also - still got Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby which I got free with the CM94 End of Season Update game...!!! Good times... can still remember buying it...!

Good thread, here are mine

fmgames.jpg

Brings back the memories finding all the old boxes - 20 years of CM / FM :o

:)

That list brings back memories.

Had the original for the Commodore Amiga then the end of season 94 update. Then from CM2 on Windows 95 up to CM3 moved out of Mum and dads shortly after CM3 released and didn't have a PC for a year so missed out on CM99/00 but have had every version since.

Special mention to CM97/98 and George Weah, Robbie Keane and Ronaldo winning me everything for Wolves, even remember a regen called Tim Fletcher who was a Centre Mid who had amazing stats.

That list brings back memories.

Had the original for the Commodore Amiga then the end of season 94 update. Then from CM2 on Windows 95 up to CM3 moved out of Mum and dads shortly after CM3 released and didn't have a PC for a year so missed out on CM99/00 but have had every version since.

Special mention to CM97/98 and George Weah, Robbie Keane and Ronaldo winning me everything for Wolves, even remember a regen called Tim Fletcher who was a Centre Mid who had amazing stats.

Wow..What you remind me now...I was 14 on CM 97/98 and playing as a maniac(after school) with Wolves with Keane, Weah and if I am not mistaken it was the year that I discovered Saviola and brought him in..Great years!

My age is 27 and this is my collection:

fmcollection.jpg

I think my collection is pretty similar plus a copy of CM2.

I miss the oversized big boxes! I remember being so excited when CM3 came out - think it was delayed for ages before finally being released.

I loved those big boxes that had a proper chunky manual in aswell :D

Man I wish I looked after my copies! God knows where they all are :(

Likewise, mine are scattered across my Mum's, Dad's and both sets of Grandparents houses gathering dust.

ah so tempted to get my collection out and post them, not sure I want to mess up my tody loft to find them, think I have all except CM1, got the double box of CM and the Euro versions. hmm maybe over the weekend... i'll prob end up playing them again, until a decent sized patch for FM12 is released.

I have all since CM2 until FM12 and Pub Quiz and of course CM 2 - Icelandic version :)

This thread makes me want to grab them all from storage and take a picture. I could never part with my CM/FM boxes. Love'm. I also have a few FM games for the PSP.

Archived