LLM: Offloading player impossible?

I had no problem in FM11. I used to get lots of interest in my good performers, bids and all. And I used to get a lot of loan offers too.

SOmething that FM12 lacks. In 2 seasons I've only had 1 of my players with 'WNT'. Even players on loan list never get loan offers, even when I offer them myself. I got players worth quite a good amount and no-one is willing to buy, even when I offer them for 0 euro they say 'they arent willing to pay that amount' or whatever.

Anyone else?

PS: Playing as York City 2nd season in

Not me. I inherited a BSN squad way over the wage limit so my first action was to put the 4 highest earners up for sale. Got immediate responses for 3 of them after asking for their listed sale values.

I guess the point is they were my best players - rubbish players will be harder to shift at that level.

IT should be hard to sell players in the lowest league... if you cant use the player, then who can?

When in the lowest league it should be hard to offload players yes, but not for free, and not on loans.

The problem seems to be (in my experience so far, at least: still in first season which may explain some things) that the Reputation system is too rigid, so any player playing in L2 will not even consider going to BSP even though that is the level they would be able to perform considering their ability. If you manage Manchester United, your 18-yea-olds will consider moving on loan to lower leagues because their reputation is low enough, but the more talented players won't even consider moving to the Championship.

The coding that is missing is the one that simulates player self-awareness; a comparison between their own Current Ability and those above them on the hierarchy of position. Any right-back being the fourth or fifth best in the club should want to find another club where they are 1st or 2nd in line (on loan if their Potential Ability is good enough to fight for a first-team place in the future). Especially if their Ambition attribute is high and/or Loyalty low.

If such a system replaced the Reputation-based system used now, team building for both the AI and the player would improve dramatically.

It is 11 months now that I try to offload few players offering them to clubs at 0 euro.

No way at all to sell them.

Yes, ofloading players it seems pretty much impossible for gamers who don't fiddle with Messi, Ronaldo etc...

It is 11 months now that I try to offload few players offering them to clubs at 0 euro.

No way at all to sell them.

Yes, ofloading players it seems pretty much impossible for gamers who don't fiddle with Messi, Ronaldo etc...

But what reasons are giving by potential buyers of the players?

In my experience its usually that the other clubs don't think that they can afford the players wages. Did you give the player a new conttract recently? If so then I bet that he's had a wage increase.

Sounds like some of you are having the same issues as me. I've been trying to offload a number of players because their wage is too high and they aren't good enough for my team. The problem there is, the clubs that they would be good enough for can't afford their wage either, so I get no offers. The clubs that can afford it see that they aren't good enough, so I get no offers there either. Don't really see the issue with either.

In my experience its usually that the other clubs don't think that they can afford the players wages. Did you give the player a new conttract recently? If so then I bet that he's had a wage increase.

It's not about the reasons why they won't bid on a player. It's the fact that even when you offer players to other clubs lower than their rated price and even for free, they won't make a bid. Yes I can see that their are reasons to as why they won't offer. But it seems to me that the selling players part needs a tweaking, because it's hard and I think to hard to sell even good players that actually has had a pretty good season.

Should it be easy to offload players in LLM? Most of the players you offload are not good...

In all versions i often have to terminate contracts if i want to offload, and i find that realistic.

No one is saying that it needs to be easy. But to me the problem is that it's way to hard to sell even good players who have had a pretty good season. And as I said I know that this were a bug in FM11 and it seems to me that it's probably a bug in FM12 also, or perhaps just needs a tweaking.

They are middle waged within my team so I can't see a reason to consider their wages too high. Their ages varies from 20 to 32 and their skills are average.

I can understand it could take some time to sell them but after 11 months offering them to clubs pretty much every month, well, it seems to me that's really impossible to offload them. I succeeded to sell only 2 of them, of course after months and I sold them at 0 euro, of course.

Of course the option, within private chat, to ask to reduce their wage is always greyed out so I don't even have a chance to ask, of course.

I am forced to wait for the end of their contract ( I haven't touched their default FM12 start contract ) and I rarely use them on the field.

I do not want to play them just to please skeptics telling to put them on the shop case to have greater chances otherwise if I considered them key players I wouldn't try to sell them, that's pretty obvious.

They are middle waged within my team so I can't see a reason to consider their wages too high. Their ages varies from 20 to 32 and their skills are average.

I can understand it could take some time to sell them but after 11 months offering them to clubs pretty much every month, well, it seems to me that's really impossible to offload them. I succeeded to sell only 2 of them, of course after months and I sold them at 0 euro, of course.

Of course the option, within private chat, to ask to reduce their wage is always greyed out so I don't even have a chance to ask, of course.

I am forced to wait for the end of their contract ( I haven't touched their default FM12 start contract ) and I rarely use them on the field.

I do not want to play them just to please skeptics telling to put them on the shop case to have greater chances otherwise if I considered them key players I wouldn't try to sell them, that's pretty obvious.

Exactly it's frustrating, it's the same problem in my saved game

Exactly it's frustrating, it's the same problem in my saved game

This has always been a problem within FM series.

I can understand a certain level of AI cheats to brake the human mind but I would prefer to AI cheated kidnapping 6 players and keeping them in a cave instead of preventing the human player to sell players.

If the AI acted like that it would be fairer

Archived