Did I get it Wrong

Let me explain the situation that I had at the end of last season. I am Gravesend and have got them to the Premiership. I had three games left Liverpool away in the semi-final second leg of the Champions League (i won the first leg 4-1) and Leicester and Manchester Utd in the league. The league was between me and Man U i had a slight advantage points wise and i really wanted to win the league so i rested my star players for the Liverpool game and got hammered 4-0 losing the tie, i went on to beat Leicester and Man U, using my strongest players, and winning the league, Should I have played my strongest squad against Liverpool and risked losing the league.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.....

Let me explain the situation that I had at the end of last season. I am Gravesend and have got them to the Premiership. I had three games left Liverpool away in the semi-final second leg of the Champions League (i won the first leg 4-1) and Leicester and Manchester Utd in the league. The league was between me and Man U i had a slight advantage points wise and i really wanted to win the league so i rested my star players for the Liverpool game and got hammered 4-0 losing the tie, i went on to beat Leicester and Man U, using my strongest players, and winning the league, Should I have played my strongest squad against Liverpool and risked losing the league.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.....

I think you did the right thing. The league, as they say, is your bread and butter. Resting you players in a game you had a 4-1 lead in is the smartest option. In the end you just didn't quite have the strength in depth required to win the Champions League. I would have done what you did.

Archived