being informed of FM patches and updates

as per this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282249-steam-says-it-downloaded-something-for-FM?p=7223954#post7223954

it seems there was a small patch for 'licensing issues'. is it going to be normal to release patches, small or large, without SI mentioning it?

I only ask because i intend to stop the automatic updates for FM but i'd still like to know if there is a patch ready.

cheers

This is what i found-

Updates to Football Manager 2012 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Training

========

- Included positioning training to goalkeeper shot stopping training

Competitions

===========

USA

===

- Fixed a crash on season turnover when adding MLS into the game without having it loaded at game start.

- Fixed Vancouver, Portland and Philadelphia not having Academy players properly generated.

- Fixed a crash when playing with two human managers and one of them was claiming a player waived by the other human manager.

General

=======

- Fixed an issue where adding a league was causing more people then needed to be loaded into the game.

Editor

======

- Fixed an issue with international competitions sometimes getting the wrong number of teams from a continent.

Match

=====

- Fixed scaling of distance run stat in match stats.

nooo, that is the update today. :)

in the link on my original post i queried as to why steam claimed it had downloaded FM acouple of days ago despite the fact i had already downloaded it.

a reply was that there was a tiny patch.

i wondered whether there was a policy of informing us of major updates but not of tiny updates.

• 2 weeks later...

There's no plan for patches at this point in time. When there is, we'll announce it here.

If we're going to drop hotfixes they will in all likelihood be save game compatible and be announced here as they go live. Again - there's no plan for more of these as it stands although we'll make tweaks if we discover them, as we've done so far.

Cheers

Matt

That's generally what I think people want. The option to install an update if they want it. If you are in offline mode you won't get the updates. But as soon as you go to online mode you are hit with updates, which you may not want.

It would be nice.

Ha ha - the advantage of having jumpers for goal posts :D

Well you know how it is, some people may not want the latest patch until all the hot fixes come out... Then there's people that don't normally online game, but have limited internet resources.

Won't affect me in the slightest though. I love automatic updates. I get home from work and the game is updated and ready to go. I love it all.

There's no plan for patches at this point in time. When there is, we'll announce it here.

If we're going to drop hotfixes they will in all likelihood be save game compatible and be announced here as they go live. Again - there's no plan for more of these as it stands although we'll make tweaks if we discover them, as we've done so far.

Cheers

Matt

my issue is that the original hotfix didn't get mentioned here. i also read in another thread in these forums that there had been 4 updates (that could have been false though.) but neither of them have been mentioned on these forums.

• Administrators

The first one was done for legal reasons and we had no choice, it had to be done. None of these really affected the game in great enough of a way to change anything in the playing experience, just a few files were overwritten. We never intend or intended to 'sneak' an update out. Thanks.

If you want to hold back on patches, right click Football Manager in your games list, then go to the Updates under Properties, and select 'Do Not Automatically Update this Game.'

And put Steam off-line. That's what I do.

Also, I follow Miles on twitter and he tweets pretty much immediately a new patch/update is out. Then I can come to this forum and check the changes in order to decide if I want to download it or not. FWIW I'm still on 12.0.3 since there was nothing in the latest one that affected me.

The first one was done for legal reasons and we had no choice, it had to be done. None of these really affected the game in great enough of a way to change anything in the playing experience, just a few files were overwritten. We never intend or intended to 'sneak' an update out. Thanks.

i see. thats a reasonable response. cheers Neil :thup:

Archived