All this for nothing

A friend of mine from University told me has downloaded a cracked version of the game from the internet.

We faff around with steam. I have a poor university internet connection, if I want to start FM I have to walk into the other room to get the connection to get steam going. I have also had countless problems with steam that have taken time and effort to fix. I can see from the countless complaint threads that there are people that are not technical are having to fiddle around with things they do not feel confident with.

My point is, what is the point? Steam to most of us is just an inconvenience. I'm not coming on saying its ruining my game. I'm not even complaining. All i'm saying is, its not going to stop the idiots that want to pirate the game and it is punishing the genuine users of the game.

Sorry, this is probably a complete waste of time to read!

• Administrators

Steam has actually stopped the game from being cracked so far this year, I'd suggest your friend has not been able to get the game running. We've been over this numerous times as to why we've gone with Steam. The reasons are here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275972-Football-Manager-2012-Activation-Steam-FAQ

Archived