youth players!

I've been playing CM/FM for about... well a long time playing mainly LLM. This year i'm FC Halifax

Don't think in al my time playing i've ever produced a youth player worth playing, certainly not while my club is lingering around the blue square premier with little or no youth recruitment or coaching.

I always understood that the chances of producing a quality talent was minimal so it was fair enough that it rarely happened, but was always slightly disappointed that, game after game, release after release i played season upon season I never hit the jackpot of a player worthy of the standard i was playing at.

But now, finally, in season 1 I recruited a kid of championship potential whilst in the blue sq north. 16 years old playing on the wing and he's hit double figures in goals season 2.

I don't know if you've tweaked the youth/regen odds this year or not SI, but well done I only expect this to happen rarely but the knowledge that it's now a genuine possibility makes the game that much funner for me.

Anyone who's further through, how has your youth recruitment been going? Did i just strike super lucky?

Sorry if this is covered in an existing thread.

In 2022. About 5 of my youth players have made it to the fringes of my first team at Newcastle, but the last 3 seasons has seen some excellent propects come through who might even make it to starter.

Unfortunately my chairman is holding me back as he doesn't believe youth facilities are important.

I'm still playing FM2011 but I had a player in Conference Premier who scored 69 goals in 80 games (including 46 in 47 in our playoff winning season) over two seasons as a 16 and 17 year old. I sold him to Manchester United for £275,000 where he has scored 1 in 4 on loan at Everton before 15 in 26 Manchester United this season (just finished). He also has scored 14 times in 16 caps for England.

They do come through, but it is rare. As it should be.

Since clauses have been activated, I've made over £2,500,000 on the deal, Brooks has become a Premier League and England player and we now have better training and youth facilities and an all seated stadium.

Archived