Question re updates

Hi Guys

brief back ground history I live in a very remote area with very poor download speeds.

I have a friend (who lives 30 miles away) who also plays FM who in the past I used to download updates over night install them on my own computer then put them on a usb drive so that my friend could install them.

To install this version of FM my friend had to bring his computer to my house to connect to the net so that he could verify his FM12 disc.

I notice now there is a new update but no link as there was in the past to download it.

Does this mean the computer has to be connected to steam to download and install the update ?

If this is the case does my friend who paid good money for his game has to do a 60 mile round trip with his computer just so that he can install an update which from what I have read on other peoples posts can cause problems having to reinstall etc ?

If this is the case then come on SI play fair.

Ok force us to have to register through steam if you must but give us the option to download updates as we used to do.

What about all the other folk who have had to register through steam then don't wish to be connected to it any more.

Or who play in offline mode where they have no internet connection.

MOST DISAPOINTED

I thought someone fron SI would have had the decency to tell me what the score is with the updates and the download options.

Back to FM11 until the usual post January final update hopefully the game will be sorted by then.

If its steam next year and the same update system thrn this is at least 2 sales you will have lost.

Maybe when someone cracks the game so you don't have to use steam more people will actually be able to play the game rather than all the messing about people are suffering at present.

Steam thanks but no thanks :(

SI did say you only needed Steam to do a one time activation, so maybe they do have plans to have updates like they used to? (torrent/download-mirror links)

Like you said, you can understand making people activate once to stop piracy. But once you have activated it, it should be like normal.

But I suppose it would be hard work, and not make sense to do this, when you need Steam to play FM12(not just for a 1 time activation) so the best and probably only option is to let Steam do the update's for us.

I can feel your friends pain though.

Archived