Started unemployed with semi-pro rep and got plymouth job-surely cant be right?

I always start my long term games unemployed with the aim of eventually one day getting the united job

however in my first game ive started in fm12 i have managed to get the plymouth job.

in the past ive always had to start right down in the blue square north/south and its taken a while for me to get a job (in fm11 i got the job at havent and waterloo)... always at least a few months in the season.

however after starting unemployed in 2012 and putting the setting to apply for all jobs then going on holiday to my amazement in august i landed the plymouth job straight in league 2.

do you think this is correct...could it be a bug? would a total unknown manager get a job straight in league 2.

although ive not cheated it kinda feels like i have cos ive managed to bypass the blue square n/s and even the blue square prem.

anyways its still a great challenge considering the financial problems at plymouth and a squad full of youngsters.

I started with Plymouth, first of all I aksed some of the players to take a pay cut in which they did. I have built a team of free transfers, loans and managed to buy 1 player for 26k, this is all within the wage/transfer budget. At the end of September I got taken over by a tycoon who pumped in 11million pounds to beef up the bank balance and also a further 11 or so million to upgrade facilities. He has not increased my wage or transfer budget yet. Im finding it not as much of a challenge as I thought I would as am 2nd in the league after 14 games and look to be going strong. I did lose 4 of my 5 friendlies though.

What I find difficult to comprehend about my Plymouth save is how well I am doing considering I have only spent 26k on one player. Dont get how I can be nearly top with the problems the club has. Is it luck or the game too easy. Only time will tell I guess

My 1st season i started off employed, around October/November time got offered the Darlington (BSP) job and what a terrible choice, squad was stupidly under confident and i could only manage a about 7/8 Wins and was sitting above the relegation zone with a very good chance of going down. So liek a pro, i bailed.

Come June/July time, i got offered the Bury (league 2, (previously in League 1) and had 4 first team players left, had to revamp and get in ALOT of freebee's. Which worked out though, as i finished 1st with 2 games to spare. The first half of the season was dominated by Rotherham.

I always start unemployed with sunday league experience. I was offered the Kidderminster job in the Conference Premier after a couple of months. In previous versions, you ONLY ever got offers from Conference North/South clubs but this year it seems different.

I declined as they were doing terribly and I wanted to start from the lowest division, luckily I got the Welling job in the Conference South not long after.

who did you get to take a pay cut and how did you do that?

Roamain Larrieu got him to sign a player / goalkeeping coach contract and got rid of my goalkeeping coach, Simon Walton and 1 other I think. I asked to take a pay cut. I checked out the players salaries on the contracts and asked the higher earning ones to take a pay cut in player interaction.

Indeed, it's a kiss of death. In real life, the last manager, poor Peter Reid had to sell off his FA Cup medal and dip deep into his pocket to pay staff, and he and the players went without most of their wages. In the editor I notice they are £3 million in debt and therefore in FM will likely go into administration. They're screwed, basically. It's a great challenge for any FM manager, and it's not unrealistic that they'd give the job to just about anybody.

Can't speak for FM12 as I've not got it yet, but on FM11 I always started with Sunday League rep. Normally I would pick a BSS/N club, but on a couple of occasions I started unemployed and was offered both the York City job (BSP) and the Hereford United job (LG2).

In other words, this isn't new. Plymouth must be thinking they have nothing to lose hiring you!

Indeed, it's a kiss of death. In real life, the last manager, poor Peter Reid had to sell off his FA Cup medal and dip deep into his pocket to pay staff, and he and the players went without most of their wages. In the editor I notice they are £3 million in debt and therefore in FM will likely go into administration. They're screwed, basically. It's a great challenge for any FM manager, and it's not unrealistic that they'd give the job to just about anybody.

Plymouth get taken over about 12-13 games into the season. I'm with them as stated in my post above and they got taken over by a tycoon who puts in 11mill to bank and about 11mill to facilities. The new chairman hasnt boosted transfer / wages as yet.

In my FM 12 save i started with sunday rep and got offered a job at Norwich in the Premier League. Although they had already been relegated to Championship, I still find it a bit strange to get it offered when my reputation was unproven..

I've started three new saves as unemployed and as yet I've never had one job offer. I have always started my saves as 'automatic' for my managerial experience. I stop the game in August 2012 without a job. Anyone any ideas why?

Do you apply for jobs? If you go on holiday, set it to 'indefinitely' and then at the top, make sure it says 'apply for all jobs' and have the 'return when offered a job' box ticked.

Within a few months, you should have an offer, if not then you have encountered some sort of bug.

Do you apply for jobs? If you go on holiday, set it to 'indefinitely' and then at the top, make sure it says 'apply for all jobs' and have the 'return when offered a job' box ticked.

Within a few months, you should have an offer, if not then you have encountered some sort of bug.

I should have added the following. I specify 'English clubs only'. Apply for jobs, holiday indefinately, return when offered a job and tick 'any jobs'. Joy upon joy! While I'm waiting for more help, I will start another unemployed save.

I should have added the following. I specify 'English clubs only'. Apply for jobs, holiday indefinately, return when offered a job and tick 'any jobs'. Joy upon joy! While I'm waiting for more help, I will start another unemployed save.

That is strange, I only ever play with the English leagues loaded so that shouldn't be a problem. Seems like there's some sort of bug, I'd start a new game and you should be fine, you'll get job offers before the turn of the year, or at least you should do.

That is strange, I only ever play with the English leagues loaded so that shouldn't be a problem. Seems like there's some sort of bug, I'd start a new game and you should be fine, you'll get job offers before the turn of the year, or at least you should do.

Thanks King Costly. This time I treble checked all my 'inputs'. I have just been offered and accepted the vacant job at Northampton Town. There is not any money at all. The current wage bill is £22.48k per week. The wage limit is £21.5k per week. I have been told to reduce the wage bill immediately. What was I thinking of? It's all your fault! Kind regards.

PS. I'll also try to learn how to spell indefinitely.

Thanks King Costly. This time I treble checked all my 'inputs'. I have just been offered and accepted the vacant job at Northampton Town. There is not any money at all. The current wage bill is £22.48k per week. The wage limit is £21.5k per week. I have been told to reduce the wage bill immediately. What was I thinking of? It's all your fault! Kind regards.

PS. I'll also try to learn how to spell indefinitely.

Haha, glad you got a job! League Two is quite high for a first job too, good luck!

Archived