12.0.3 Help OSX Lion

Afternoon all,

I've tried everything I can think of this morning to no avail I'm afraid. I'm running the game through Steam on a Macbook Pro 10.7.2 and everything was going great guns until this update last night. Now, when I open Steam and click to start FM12, a small dialog box flashes up to say the game is launching but then it never does. I've tried verifying the game cache and restarting Steam on numerous occasions but still no luck. I can't seem to find whether or not the new patch has been successfully downloaded or installed yet. When I do try to close and exit Steam another dialogue box appears to say that FM12 needs to be shut down first, although it doesn't appear to be running and indeed isn't even in the list of running apps when I eventually have to use force quit to kill Steam!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Afternoon all,

I've tried everything I can think of this morning to no avail I'm afraid. I'm running the game through Steam on a Macbook Pro 10.7.2 and everything was going great guns until this update last night. Now, when I open Steam and click to start FM12, a small dialog box flashes up to say the game is launching but then it never does. I've tried verifying the game cache and restarting Steam on numerous occasions but still no luck. I can't seem to find whether or not the new patch has been successfully downloaded or installed yet. When I do try to close and exit Steam another dialogue box appears to say that FM12 needs to be shut down first, although it doesn't appear to be running and indeed isn't even in the list of running apps when I eventually have to use force quit to kill Steam!

Any help greatly appreciated!

I have just updated my mac to osx lion this morning and was having similar problems. the easiest way was to uninstall and reinstall. This took less than ten minutes and then steam also downloaded the latest patch (mine was 100mb) which took another 3 or 4 minutes and i was then back playing.

• Administrators
We all knew there were always going to be problems with steam! So why SI have you gone with it? Surely there were other ways to reduce piracy?

Because it was the best choice given the options available. Please keep this thread on-topic to people encountering issues. Thanks.

• SI Staff
actually, before I uninstall, If I had a game saved will it be erased from uninstalling and reinstalling steam?

Uninstalling and re-installing Steam or the game will not affect your saves, if you're worried about it they are stored in User > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012 > Games

You can back them up from there easily for peace of mind if you like

• SI Staff
I have done that a thousand times :'(

Have you tried a full re-install of the game itself Eriik, apologies, I know it's a pain but it may well solve your issue. Right-click FM in your Steam library and select 'Delete Local Content' then check there is no trace of FM in the following location before re-installing:

User > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common

Thanks

Have you tried a full re-install of the game itself Eriik, apologies, I know it's a pain but it may well solve your issue. Right-click FM in your Steam library and select 'Delete Local Content' then check there is no trace of FM in the following location before re-installing:

Thanks

Why should we reinstall the game! you lot have obviously made a **** up somewhere so fix it!

Thanks

Now it says when i try to install it that the servers are to busy

• SI Staff

The game files will all be in the following location:

There are 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Preferences

User > Library > Logs

And all of your save games, PKMs etc are in the following location:

User > Documents > Sports Interactive

Not sure if this is related, but now that I am in the game, everything seems fine until I go to play a match. After setting up tactics, etc... I cant proceed to the match. I click on the top right button to go to the match and it does nothing. Any suggestions?

I've seen no update, nothing. Steam shows "preparing to start fm" window, it dissapears and nothing's happening. Tried verifying game cache, it goes from 0% straight to 100% in 2 seconds, and confirms everything is fine. So, do I need to redownload couple of gb again or just wait?

• SI Staff
I've seen no update, nothing. Steam shows "preparing to start fm" window, it dissapears and nothing's happening. Tried verifying game cache, it goes from 0% straight to 100% in 2 seconds, and confirms everything is fine. So, do I need to redownload couple of gb again or just wait?

I'd suggest trying a full re-install of the game enori

• SI Staff
Are you working on this problem to be fixed because i have tried to play for about 7 hours and i have had no succes :( Ihave reinstalled everything, changed region everything but it wont work! :(

We're in discussions with Steam about what is causing this issue yes, the suggestions in this thread are well worth trying again though because they should be working.

Archived