League 2 query & Swindon Town goalfest !

I’m playing as Oxford Utd in League 2 and I just want to outline a couple of things as to how my season has gone. And ask if something similar is happening to other people playing in League 2 (or anywhere in England for that matter).

I was rather worried by all those on here saying how easy FM12 is. Actually so was I after about the first 6 games. I was unbeaten (in the league) and had won may last three games 5-0, 5-1 and 6-0 (away). I was thinking, this ain’t much fun. But now 19 games in things have settled down, I’ve lost a couple of games and am now winning by the odd goal more often than not and being quite lucky too. So, I’m happy again.

The real issue I would like others to help me compare revolves around Swindon Town. Let me first state that I’m aware of the intense rivalry between OUFC & STFC. I’m not an Oxford fan (Millwall in case you wonder) I chose them randomly as something different. My query therefore is not based around a football based hatred !!

Right, I’m 2nd behind a Swindon team that I cannot seem to catch. Fair enough ! But, 19 league games in Swindon have scored 60 (yes 60!) goals. My rudimentary maths skills tells me that’s over 3 goals per game. I’m the next highest with 41. No other team in England has stats anything like this. So, is the same thing happening with Swindon to any of you guys out there ? Is this a case of the STFC researcher having delusions of grandeur ? Is Paolo Di Canio too highly rated in the game ?

Any opinions whatsoever are welcomed.

And I must stress, that whilst this might sound like a whinge, it actually is not really. I’m loving the game big style, I’m just wondering !

Cheers

wish i could have good starts at the beginning of seasons ¬___¬ erm for your query i'm not sure exactly how many swindon scored in my first season but they were promoted by the beginning of april, in the premier league though, united score goals without remorse (due to rooney being a god but thats a complaint for another day) they had 106 after 30 games in my second season at arsenal and that was including two 0-0 draws with me!!! have you had a look at the leagues top scorers cos it could be that one player is doing it all for swindon otherwise they just have a team of gods

That's interesting because Swindon have scored 30 goals after 11 games in my save. 12 of those goals have come from an on loan striker. Perhaps there is something in the suggestion that Swindon are overpowered, but I'd like to think it will even out with them being in a lower league.

Despite the goals they're only 5th in my game. Oxford are knocking on the play offs in 8th.

That's interesting because Swindon have scored 30 goals after 11 games in my save. 12 of those goals have come from an on loan striker. Perhaps there is something in the suggestion that Swindon are overpowered, but I'd like to think it will even out with them being in a lower league.

Despite the goals they're only 5th in my game. Oxford are knocking on the play offs in 8th.

Thanks mate. They must be letting them in a lot too if only 5th !!

Archived