Media hype about rather unimportant match

I'm finishing my first (half) season of FM12 as manager of norwegian 2nd div club Ålgård FK and this happened:

About 5 matches from end of season we (in 8th position) play a match against number 12 Førde. Not a rival of any kind as far as the club information-screens tell me. A pretty bleak fixture one would think, only 200 spectators come to watch..

So to my surprise I get questions like these in pre-match press conference (note: I dont remember the exact phrases):

"This must be one of the biggest fixtures of the season. How do you deal with the pressure?"

And afterwards (we lost 2-1):

"How does it feel losing one of the most important fixtures in the clubs history?".

So I try to find out why this fixture had been so important. If I missed out on something marvelous, I'd like to know what it is. But I can't find an answer. Promotion was far away already as Vard Haugesund stroll towards the championship and only promotion spot, relegation is at a safe distance, no periodic play-off qualifications like in dutch 2nd tier, no fierce rivalry between the clubs, nothing to get exited about...

The only far-fetched reason for this I can think of is that a loss in this game would mean that it would be really impossible to catch up with league leaders Vard (and promotion). I'm not sure if that is the case (in mid-table one doesn't check how big the gap to promotion is). But if so, the media hype surrounding this fixture is a bit over the top IMO (biggest fixture of the season...?).

Funny thing is I posted a thread about something similar (but completely the opposite) about the demo in which I won one of these dutch 2nd tier periodic playoff spots (a nice price to win) and media attention was completely lacking (just a "Telstar secure playoff spot" message).

Archived