FM12 Ignored Suggestions?

These are suggestions that were sent to the FM dev team and weren't implemented directly. These all seem pretty straightforward, and pretty much all were ignored. FM12 boasted that it had 800 new features, and I was so excited because I thought all of these were in there. When I saw that only six major, were implemented, I got frustrated. FM12 is pretty solid, but there's always FM13. Anyway, I would just like to know what you guys think about them since these are all suggestions I agree with. Some of these are just downright necessities to the game. They all came from FM Scout, by the way.

I wanna be able to train specific game actions with my team, like attacking moves, off ball running, corner/free kick actions, especially movement in the defence! Because that's the most annoying part of FM.

The defenders often look like they don't know/don't care how to behave in specific situations, like, they just let the opposition attackers do what they want. I wanna be able to tell them exactly how they should behave in specific situations.

And when it comes to attacking moves, I wanna be able to create specific attacking moves, the FM free-role option just doesn't work, even if your players are Messi, Pastore, Müller, etc.

Everyone who knows something about football knows that the space between the defence and the midfield is crucial, and I wanna be able to use it better; FM just doesn't allow you that freedom so much!

~ by Cruz

I would love to have far more tactical control in the game and a tactics editor along the lines of the old player manager series of games would be ace! Where you can ask the players to move with or without the ball and ask them to pass the ball into areas you want and not just what the game says.

~ by paul1576

We all remember from FM 2005 to 2008 when you had the so called "lines" or arrows.

On your tactics page we had the brilliant system of being able to take a CM and make him an AMC without distorting your overall formation. Obviously you could tactically have a bit more freedom over how you wanted your team to act when they had the ball etc.

I was hoping this system would be back together with the new system. Obviously this time it should be different. Instead of just having these lines like the good old times. Why don’t we make a “defensive positioning screen”, and an “attacking positioning screen”.

In my opinion it’s a big part of the tactical making of a team. How often have you played a match on FM and though if only I could make a simple tactic of where I want my players to be on the pitch when we got the ball and when we don’t?

Most of the times you don’t have much control over these things in FM now a days.

But these “tactical lines” would be a wonderful addition for FM. It’s simple yet it could make a good difference in how well the team does and how well you do as a manager.

I would love this sort of feature on FM 2012, I think it would suite into the game without SI having to redo too much.

~ by RedArmy20

Similar to this; an option where you can assign certain player roles. For example, if I want my Left Striker to be a Target man, but my back up Left Striker to be a Deep-Lying foward, I would like to be able to assign them. Basically, assign the players roles, not the positions.

I would like to see trophy presentations and the players celebrating when winning a competition.

~ by Mark Chilton

Might be hard to do, but if they can make flares I guess they can make this in future versions.

I think you should get interview requests from a journalist working for a certain company. They ask you questions about anything and it is laid out like a private chat. Also, SI can make FM more realistic by having controversial issues e.g earlier in the season Danny Murphy criticised Stoke's tackling. Journalists can ask your opinions on issues like this.

For example: Jonathon Stevenson from BBC Sport has requested an interview. He will ask you questions on your team's recent poor form, and your opinion about the dubious sacking of Sam Allardyce. [ Accept / Reject ]

~ by MLR

Often times, in my manager profile, it shows that I prefer to avoid the press. However, I talk to the press many times. I actually enjoy talking to the press and it would be nicer if I didn't have to remind myself to talk to them every now and then. They would just come to me.

Have more information readily available when the press asks how you feel about a particular coach. Instead of having to click into the coach’s profile to see how he feels about you, have that information on the interview screen somewhere for quick access.

Example: if asked for a response about Alex Ferguson, tell us how SAF views us as a coach - gets along well/poor opinion/etc - on the screen.

~ by joannes3000

I would like to be able to declare interest in managing national teams, not when the job is vacant but maybe make a comment that one day in your career you would like to manage your home nation, if the opportunity ever arose.

Also the ability to comment on a player’s international form. For example when a player in your team has been in good form for his national team, or maybe comment that you feel one of your players is ready for the step up to international football.

At the moment I just don't feel like there is any collaboration between club and country, It's almost like The Football manager world is a very narrow Club Only or Country only type thing, I think it would be nice to able to comment on a players international career / form / selection / being dropped.

! by SeedyKiwi

Using the money you earn as a manager for more inspiring occasions such as being able to cover a high wage for a player yourself. Or to do some educational trips to high profile clubs of other countries and learn some tricks how bigger teams play... more like getting insight on how the match AI works for those teams.

~ by Stam

Before you say that spending money as a manager is stupid, maybe instead of having to spend it, having to option to refund the club. For example, if I have made a total for 64M in earnings, and I'm a lower league manager now, it would be fantastic to be able to invest some into the club.

The ability to increase STAFF budget.

~ by gert78

Kits sponsors. What is stopping SI from doing this as it used to be in Premier Manager 1995 get offered a selection of Kits sponsors to pick from and maybe every other season be asked by the board to suggest or be asked to pick an change the kits by a reasonable amount!

~ by naff123

Might cause licensing problems, but instead of explicitly showing the real-life sponsor, maybe a mock sponsor such as Loke and Ododas or something.

Let us allocate leftover transfer funds in different areas at the end of the season.

Example: If we have 60M left over, let us allocate that towards loan repayments, ‘deposits’ towards facility improvements, etc.

~ by joannes3000

It would be good to have insurance for players injured during national team fixture. I lost Torres and Gerrard for 6 Months and the country just didn’t give anything, no compensation.

~ by AXELTAMA

I would prefer more options for clubs such as construct buildings, handling TV programs, setting up shops, sponsorships for training facilities, etc.

~ by croscout86

It would be nice if you, as a manager, would be able to set the ticket price for matches (and also season ticket price).

~ by ampren7a

Maybe to just request it through board interactions and then maybe after ten loyal years, they let you decide it entirely.

If I’m Arsenal or a team of similar stature and I want the best young players in "X" country then I could build an academy there. I know it could work and it won’t make things easier, I'm sure the people who make the game are capable of implementing that without taking the fun away from scouting. Just because you build an academy in a different country doesn't mean you will have all the best young guns from that country. You could have your academy miss out on a couple players forcing you to buy them.

Of course you would have to go through the board first and get there permission for the go ahead to build the academy also.

~ by CHRIS

Change the youth system and the way players develop.

This is how I see it: In real life football there is no such thing as CA or PA.It would be nice if skills would rise depending only on age, ambition, professionalism, talent and work rate, training schedule and positions he plays. Maybe a new skill (talent) quantified not in a number value but a star rating (like in scout reports) that would develop the player's natural rate of improving.

~ by ampren7a

I hate how there is a limit on how good a player can be. Obviously, a player cannot have 20 for all attributes, but for people who like to use FMRTE and play games their style, it's a pain to see players stats drop just because the exceed the allowable current ability.

It'd be great if the successes of a country's national team would have an effect on the quality of youngster's being produced in that country.

A national team winning the world cup would surely inspire more youngsters from that nation to take up the sport.

~ by Richard Law

Have the option to ask your assistant manager to play one half of a match for you, either first half or the second half.

~ by Eelco Anninga

The game has implemented the concept of "direct negotiations" with offering players new contracts. Why not implement this same concept to the transfers?

For instance: my player has a value of 5M and some clubs are interested in acquiring him; I ask for him around 10M, this way the interested clubs either accept or reject the offer, but instead of them rejecting the proposal, why not making a counter-offer, perhaps they can offer up to 8-9M.

This is what happens in real life negotiations, when there is real interest, they try to work it out.

~ by ibox

I would like to see the possibility to set the transfer status of a player to "Available for loan, ONLY if he will get a first team role".

~ by Zonnegod

I would love to see the player roles scrapped altogether. In real life, players aren't given "team roles" when they sign contracts.

Another feature I have always thought would be good idea is the option to loan a player back to the selling club as part of the transfer as a bit of a sweetener in the deal especially when it is an exciting prospect who is used to that club and settled and can continue his development before joining your club when you require.

This would allow you to buy the player earlier with a smaller transfer fee and the freedom of calling him back when required.

~ by scatman86

Agents and scouts should send the manager video clips of why they think a particular player is suitable for the club.

~ by Antony Colby

Love the idea of sending players to language classes.

~ by rywilson

How about pay-as-you-play contracts for players? also would be good for older players and injury prone ones, but make it easier for players to accept this contract if they know they are old or injury prone.

~ by Liam Heaton

Actually, the entire feature of players rejecting to listen to your offer is the worst change I have seen from FM2010 to FM2011. Because after spending lots of time finding a good player who fits your transfer budget and managing to get your offer accepted, it is indescribably frustrating to see that red text-balloon telling you the player doesn't want to talk to you. Especially, because many times, you just know that a player would have accepted your offer if they would have listened. I think that the fact that a player will talk to your team is too much based on the past reputation of your team and not your financial capabilities or the quality of your current team.

~ by Zonnegod

In real life, negotiations can take hours. I find it a disgrace to see it mirrored in such a way. In reality, agents wouldn't just walk off after maybe travelling thousands of miles just because you try to offer the player a little bit less money.

When selling a player with a big wage to another club which cannot afford to pay his wages in full, then he will approach and ask that he'll leave if we pay the deficit. Yet the same isn't true when I am trying to sign a high earner from another club. At least I should have the option of suggesting it to a player which is interested in signing for the club.

~ by bl007

I think that before contract negotiations you should have an interview with the player you are about to sign. This way if you make a good impression, you might be able to negotiate with players that might be a little bit too good for you. Also it would mean that the players could give an explanation of why they picked you, or another club over you and could integrate their personality traits: 'The club seems very ambitious' or 'You are being a bit unrealistic' ect. [new]

~ by Michael Dunsford

In team talks motivate players for milestone games. Eg. Ryan Giggs breaking club record "make this one to remember" it comes up in the Milestone tab pre match but not in team talks... [new]

~ by Owen de Jonge

I'd like to be able to save my opposition instructions so I always close down wingers without having to do it at the beginning of every game.

~ by Wagger

There should be some realistic instructions that you can give to your players. For example some player have 3 yellow cards and you need him in an important match so you should be able to say "get booked so you will be banned in the match before the Derby, I need you in the Derby".

And sometimes if the rival is too strong or one of their players is a wonder and damages your team I would like to order my players "injure him when the referee not looking". I know it’s not something nice but we all know those things happen in Football.

~ by inonu88

I would really like to see an improvement in the decrease of stats when a player gets older, as some players can last much longer (For example van der Sar who is still an amazing goalie at 41, but also quite a lot of non-goalies). In FM I have never seen a player who started under 30, who was still useful for a top-club at the age of 34.

~ by Zonnegod

I hate it when in a month or so, one of my star 30-31 year old players' physical stats just completely take a drop of one or two points. It's very unrealistic and I hate when it happens.

Improved mentoring system. I tried to create a mentor program manually, but it’s a chore trying to do everything by yourself - finding which senior players are willing to mentor which young players, and then having to do it all again when the mentoring is over. I’d like the ability to establish long-term mentoring where you can link players until one of them leaves the team.

Example: Around the time your assistant gives his preseason report, he gives a report of which players may be good mentoring partners. From that screen you can talk to those players and establish season-long mentoring programs.

~ by joannes3000

When you hire staff they come with there set instructions, such as if you hire a trainer he comes set with all his preferred training routines etc.. Rather than having to set it all up yourself, can be a pain at times!! [new]

~ by David Cooper

Training section should be improved. If we could see players training it would help us find more about the players (assuming hidden attributes).

We should have the option to plan weekly training, choose specific exercises, and get help of our staff if we feel too overwhelmed.

Testing some tactics during training would be interesting too.

~ by Drchaos69

I want the option to disable regens when starting a game, even if I'd have to play only up to 2030.

~ by stam

I would like to see attendance be linked to city sizes. Currently, you can take a lower-league club up to a top division and the club's average attendance will increase as your club reputation increases. This makes sense if you are managing a club in a large urban centre. However, if you are in a smaller town with a limited population, there is a natural ceiling on how high your attendance can be. This would create more of a challenge for lower league managers and also be more realistic.

~ by LondonCity

I sort of agree, but instead of changing how the attendances increase, maybe having a message telling you, "Due to your club's recent success, more and more people are flocking to [insert city]." or something like that. I've never seen or heard of it happening, but neither has anyone heard of a team called Woking or Basingstoke going to the EPL in less then ten-twenty years.

There could be a way to merge the nearby clubs into one team as a requirement to attract increased attendances.

~ by Stam

Similar to what Wimbledon did.

There should be a page which highlights the no. of supporters, (similar to the richest clubs page) which shows the most well supported clubs in Europe or World.

~ by Antony Colby

To introduce testimonial matches... which means when a club puts on a match in honour of a player for service to the club.

~ by man_u_barmy_army

Speaking of invitational leagues, can those gain reputation like other established leagues? Would be neat to be able to create leagues every season and slowly build a history like other domestic and continental cup competitions.

~ by joannes3000

In lower leagues I can make money real fast just by arrange lots of friendlies against the same foreigner club. That's not realistic. For example, if I play one friendly match with my sub-19 team against a foreigner club that pays me 20K for the traveling, I can make lots of money if I keep arrange the same match over and over. In reality this never happen, after some friendlies they don't have more money, but in FM they have infinite money to give us with that method.

~ by Drchaos69

It is a quick way to clear your debts, but no team like Man U or Barcelona would want to have a friendly with a team like Wimbledon or something. It's just not realistic. I would prefer the ability to make your club a public company with shareholders and everything. It would be much more realistic and provide you financial stability.

To finish this off, I'd like to add my own little suggestion: The ability to lock dialogue boxes. For example, sometimes it asks me if I want to return from holiday. I always clicked "Don't ask me again." However, there are some that don't have this dialogue box that reminds it. There are also some that have dialogue boxes, but I would like a "don't ask me again" option. There are others where they have the "don't ask me again" option, and I don't want it there in case I accidentally click it.

Basically, the option to choose which messages have a "safety measure." I would like to go into preferences, be able to set where boxes pop up and where they don't. I can't tell you how many times I have had problems with this.

Archived