Have you got a bogie team???

in your game do you ever find you have a bogie team,

mine is chelsea, i know that will sound obvious but even far into the game, and have a title winning team i can still never beat them

Blackburn always and forever icon_wink.gif

in your game do you ever find you have a bogie team,

mine is chelsea, i know that will sound obvious but even far into the game, and have a title winning team i can still never beat them

Blackburn always and forever icon_wink.gif

Reading and Sunderland.

Downloaded a Leeds legends pack, basicly consisting of the Revie side of the 60's and 70's.

A squad more than capable of winning the title, we seem to bottle it at the end of the season, won it only once out of 5 seasons.

Sunderland are my bogie team at HOME, apart from that don't really have a bogie team in all honesty, drop silly points in games I should win but apart from that..

For me it's Real Madrid and (dont laugh) it has been since FM06. I have only beaten them twice, both in the CL and in the Spanish league while playing Barca. I **** my pants everytime I have to play against them. Yes, they are objectively seen a good team, but I've had a few CL-winning teams in 3 different FM and each time I won the CL (4 times) I did not encounter Real Madrid in the tournament. Coincedence? I dont't think so! Maybe my playing style just suits them or something.

Not a bogey team as such, but whenever you're playing in LLM and you know the opposition will have to field a team with some youth players because of injuries. Those are the games I never win!

I swear there was a team in my league once-who's record read- 15games-15losses and when I played them at home they managed a 0-0! I was like WTF!?

When playing as Rangers I can never beat Celtic. One odd thing is that when I decide to play as Celtic I can never manage to beat Rangers. So I suppose by bogie team would be whatever half of the old firm im not managing at the time.

For many years, it was Arsenal for me. Between 2010 and 2015 they were absolutely unstoppable and had probably assembled the best AI team I've ever seen on a football manager game. Rooney, Vela, Silva, their midfield/strike force was just pure class.

Then their manager left and it all went downhill! Rooney is too old now, and their other players are in decline. They sold Fabregas and since then I've been able to beat them. I meet them in almost every CL final or FA Cup now though, I can't begin to imagine what an intense rivalry would've been bred if this happened in real life!

In my current game Lyon are becoming something of a bogey team for Fiorentina. Stubbornly clung on to lose 3-2 at our place in the UEFA cup last season and then netted 2 late goals in 2nd leg to put us out. Now this season we are in the same Champs League group and they just drew 3-3 at our place.

In past games Arsenal have always been a bogey team, especially for my FM07 Derby. In FM06 Whitley Bay had a horrific record against Man City. We beat them first time we played them, on arrival in the EPL, but then won just one of our next 16 encounters, a few draws thrown in, but mostly defeats. Funnily enough I've never feared playing Chelsea, whichever game I have been in and whichever team I have managed - Arsenal always, Man Utd and Liverpool sometimes, but never Chelsea.

My biggest bogey team of all though is a very obvious one since I have managed a huge amount in Scotland - with plenty of different teams I've beaten Celtic, but apart from Ross County (CM03/04) none of my teams have ever really got the better of Celtic in head to head meetings over a long period.

playing with Forest in League one, I always struggle against Swansea and Doncaster. In the premiership, it's always United. I remember getting so annoyed a couple of years ago I reloaded the game and added a manager for United and played everybody out of position (van der sar up front!) with their defence pushed up and offside trap on. They still managed to get a three goals against my Arsenal team.

The only win I have ever recorded against Man U with Liverpool was a 1-0 at home (Stevie G, 93rd minute), so I guess they are my bogie team.

I like to play as the struggling teams to save them from relegation, currently Fulham. And I have to say, every team in the league is horrible, but Derby is by far the worst.

Liverpool and Torres can be irritating with my Manchester United side. On the other hand, my Derby County side spank about Liverpool for fun - I think it was 5-0, 3-3 and 3-0? I lost once, I think, but took them the whole distance in doing so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

My Premiership title winning team can never seem to beat Southend United! Yes, you read that correctly! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me, IRL Manchester United have never beaten Southend United. So don't knock them icon_wink.gif

I am Arsenal and for a long time now my bogey teams are: Olympique Marseille and Wigan. Also tend to find it difficult against Portsmouth, Aston Villa and Man City, no I am not a crap manager.

I rarely get a draw out of Man United, Tevez and Rooney seem to score goals for Britain. As for lower clubs, Newcastle (or more specifically, Obafemi Martins) often manage to beat me at St. James' and get draws out of me at home, and Man City and West Ham can also be really annoying.

I rarely get a draw out of Man United, Tevez and Rooney seem to score goals for Britain. As for lower clubs, Newcastle (or more specifically, Obafemi Martins) often manage to beat me at St. James' and get draws out of me at home, and Man City and West Ham can also be really annoying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TB36:

Aston Villa in 2035!

Lost only twice in 2 seasons both to Villa away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because Villa are awesome icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

In FM 07 it was West Ham, and specifically Dean Ashton. I lost count of the hat-tricks he got most times we played them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly the most unreaslistic thing I've ever heard of in this game icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dayinthelife:

In my FM07 West Ham game, my bogie teams are Blackburn and Villa. Blackburn especially.

Also include any team who are ranked 17th or below, they rarely beat me, but consistently draw me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

I dont have a bogey team

I have a bogey player.....Andy Carroll in the last 4years hes playewd for four clubs and he must of scored at least 15 goals against me even if put tackling hard,marking always closing down always and show on to weak foot

Archived