Making subs

Dont you think it would be a good idea when you make subs if before they come on you or the other team score or you get an injury that it asks if you still want to make them?

The amount of times I make a sub then they score or the player I'm subbing scores and I think I wish I could cancel it. It happens all the time in real life!

Yeah you should be able to cancel subs but I think it is difficult for SI to implement or something. It has been asked for by many people over a number of FM games. It is something I would like to see added to future versions anyway.

I'm sure that in FM12 I have made subs only to have an injury crop up before the subs have come on and it has allowed me to change the subs.

In fact I have used the new pop up that lets you keep on or sub a player with a knock and used it and then have to make the same sub again if the physio deems the player has to come off.

I do tend to use the quick sub option unless I need to change tactics or player instructions.

Can't see why it would be an issue. Just needs some coding rules saying that if a, b or c happens after the user has pressed submit subs then if offers you the chance to change it. It must be a simple change??

With coding nothing is a simple change.

From what I remember it's partly down to the action sequence is calculated before so if you make a change it will occur after that. That's why you get a delay from making the sub and it happening in the match.

I'm sure that in FM12 I have made subs only to have an injury crop up before the subs have come on and it has allowed me to change the subs.

In fact I have used the new pop up that lets you keep on or sub a player with a knock and used it and then have to make the same sub again if the physio deems the player has to come off.

I do tend to use the quick sub option unless I need to change tactics or player instructions.

This is true with players that have to come off because of injury which means if it's possible for players that get injured then it must be possible for other situations as well?

I really think we need this with how advanced the game is now. It's a game changing problem sometimes!

Archived